RE 4.5 XD Questions - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-04-2006, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
atomlowe

RE 4.5 XD Questions

Hey people, wondering if you guys could answer a few questions...

1) Has anyone had issues reinstalling their track bar to the axle using the provided reloaction bracket? for some reason, it doesn't line up from side to side by about 1". Also, if the lift is a 4.5" shouldn't the new hole be 4.5" above the original on the bracket?

2) Has anyone else had to replace their ABS Sensor cables? Do most people just disconnect them?

3) How much should this lift settle? I don't think I can get it in my underground parking now...hahaha.

Thanks,

Adam

Canadian Jeep Club Member#8

Jeeps to motorcycles and back to Jeeps again...you just can't get away.

WTD: Hot girls with low morals. Own transportation a plus. Sufferers of yellow fever considered first. PM/email me for details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-04-2006, 09:25 AM
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My trackbar bracket didnt line up well, and actually bent over time. I'm now using a one form another company that works a lot better, but I dont remember who's it is.

Dont have ABS, so I can't help you there, although I would say disonnect it. I dont know how ABS affects braking off-road, but I can't imagine it being beneficial.

The kit will settle a bit. It'll sit around 4.5-5" once settled. My kit started very high, especially with the soft top on, but with the hardtop, se does sit a bit lower. From the reading I have done, RE measures their kits at the height they sit fully loaded. ie: tops, gear, winch, people. You should be able to fit, it'll probably be close, but my Jeep fits pretty much anywhere. Just watch out for the overhead signs in the garage.

-Craig-
95 Rio Grande
07 Ram 1500

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-04-2006, 12:25 PM
YJtank

trackbar bracket went in like a charm (didn't even need to drill the hole). I am also using the JKS telescoping trackbar so that helps the alignment. The only problem with the bracket is that it got pretty loose even after the first 200 miles despite of the self locking nut. You want to watch out for this...

as far as settling ... well I wouldn't know (the kit is only 3-4 wks old). I'll answer this back to you in six months, i guess.

post #4 of 7 Old 07-04-2006, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
atomlowe

I was thinkin about removing the ABS lines. They're quite strained and I don;t see them holding up for even the first time out.

As for the trackbar, I guess its prybar time. I'll get that focker pinned up!

WTD: Hot girls with low morals. Own transportation a plus. Sufferers of yellow fever considered first. PM/email me for details.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
YJBlues

1991 YJ Wrangler 

You should be able to use a floor jack to lift the axle opposit of the direction it needs to go, like if you need it to move left, jack up the right wheel etc. This should make it pretty easy.

I got the dirty, low down, lovin my YJ Blues
Black Jeeps have longer hoods!
post #6 of 7 Old 07-04-2006, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
atomlowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJBlues
You should be able to use a floor jack to lift the axle opposit of the direction it needs to go, like if you need it to move left, jack up the right wheel etc. This should make it pretty easy.

I tried that and the suspension is just too stiff still. I maybe should have disconnect the swaybar though. I used a lift and was able to stack wood under the tire and lower it onto the pile, but no luck. I'll try it again with the swaybar disconnected.

post #7 of 7 Old 07-05-2006, 05:46 AM
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

try running without it. I ran into serious bumpsteers without mine, and is the reason I still run it. Others have found they experience no ill effects from not having a front trackbar. Drive it around for a while, carefully, and see how she handles. You will know if you experience bumpsteer.

-Craig-
95 Rio Grande
07 Ram 1500

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.