RE 2.5" Lift for YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RE 2.5" Lift for YJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-10-2001, 12:25 AM   #1
shea324@aol.com

RE 2.5" Lift for YJ

Does anyone have any experience with the RE 2.5" Suspension lift for YJ's? I am considering this for my next project and was wondering if anyone had any input they would like to share. Also if anyone knows of a write-up on this lift online that would be helpful, thanks

Unread 07-10-2001, 11:15 AM   #2
JPFREEK
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have been running the R.E. 2.5" for about 3.5 years and about 60K miles. I am VERY happy with it, but if I had to do it over again, I think I would have gone with the 4.5" Extreme Duty lift from R.E. The lift rides decent (similar to stock) and flexes great with the sway bars disconnected. I did start to get a little bit of sag in the rear last summer and added Rusty's 3" Add-a-leafs. The AAL's stiffened the ride terribly, but since they have broken in it's back to normal.

WNYOffroad;CNY Jeep
JPFREEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2001, 06:29 PM   #3
shea324@aol.com

Did you have to install a SYE? Also were there any other parts not included in the kit that you had to install? I have heard some good things about the 4.5" Lift but I am only trying to make more room for my 31's - with a 1" shackle lift and 1" body lift they rub under flex.
Unread 07-10-2001, 11:05 PM   #4
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Pete's advice is sound. You'll only wish you had gotten the 4.5" lift down the road if you don't.

The only time I'd recommend a 2.5" lift is if you know the next step you plan to take is a spring over. 2.5" lift springs make very good SOA springs.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2001, 10:38 AM   #5
JPFREEK
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by shea324@aol.com:
Did you have to install a SYE? Also were there any other parts not included in the kit that you had to install? I have heard some good things about the 4.5" Lift but I am only trying to make more room for my 31's - with a 1" shackle lift and 1" body lift they rub under flex.
If you are sure you only want the 31's, my suggestion would be to get rid of the shackel lift (my $0.02) and put on a 2.5". I would give some thought to the 4.5" though. With the 2.5" you will not need an SYE, but you will need to drop your T-case. The kit comes VERY complete, the only thing I needed to purchase was a new hard rear brake line, but only because I broke it during the install. With my 2.5" and 1" Body lift, I run 31's, but can clear 32's. I plan to put on some TJ extended flares which will give me enough for 33's and then when I get the 4.5" I will be able to run 35's. I am waiting on the 4.5" because I am trying to come up with the $$$ to buy a D-44 for my rear. Good luck with it.

WNYOffroad;CNY Jeep
JPFREEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.