RC 4" Lift Kit - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RC 4" Lift Kit

JK Front Axle TrussARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 04-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #91
88blkyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

so meyer how are you flexing now?

88blkyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #92
Duvalbulldog
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nice write up. I installed mine around March and now it's sagging. My thirty threes are eating into my rear quarters and the bottom leaf seems to be coming separated from the pack. Has anyone else had this problem from there lift. I'm really disappointed and thinking about going with a BDS six inch lift next year. My friend Roadyy has BDS and his ride height is higher than mine and his springs are used. Thanks for all the pictures and the time you took to write this up.
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #93
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalbulldog
Nice write up. I installed mine around March and now it's sagging. My thirty threes are eating into my rear quarters and the bottom leaf seems to be coming separated from the pack. Has anyone else had this problem from there lift. I'm really disappointed and thinking about going with a BDS six inch lift next year. My friend Roadyy has BDS and his ride height is higher than mine and his springs are used. Thanks for all the pictures and the time you took to write this up.
Yes. Some haven't had any issue with sagging, but myself and many others have had this happen with RC springs. Run a quick search, you'll see what I mean.

You won't regret switching to BDS springs, they are night and day better in the quality dept.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #94
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I would suggest the BDS 5" springs and a little shackle lift instead.
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #95
Duvalbulldog
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Cool thanks guys. I think I'm going to concentrate on gearing up before that though have already gone through the experience of thirty three's and using the three o seven factory gears I couldn't imagine doing that with the thirty fives. I'm going to do a super eight in the rear 95-01 so I can eliminate the drum brakes in the rear and go with the 4.10 gears front and rear then I'll do my BDS and Tires and rims.
Unread 01-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #96
badgerfan
1994 YJ Wrangler 

drive shaft

was wondering if you put in an extended drive shaft as i am looking at the same lift and we are basically driving in the same conditions, i'm in rice lake, a few hours away.
thanks ,ken.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_yj_4.html
badgerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #97
MattyMcF90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I figured I would post a reply and help some other readers out when trying to decide what lift to go with.

Mainly due to a tight budget... I decided to go with this lift. I have been happy with it so far since installation 6 months ago. No sagging- I'be pulled light trailers, loaded up the back, and had hardtop on/off with no issues. The spring pack seems to have as much rust on them already as the 22 year stock springs. It's just surface now, and no big deal. Flex is okay, I wish I had more... I didn't reattach the sway bar, and I can't tell a difference. Here are a few photos from this weekend

Lift is super rough/ bumpy.. I can't drink from a coffee cup anymore when driving But hey, it's a Jeep right!
MattyMcF90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #98
MattyMcF90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'll try those pics again.
image-1401364035.jpg   image-1188394958.jpg  
MattyMcF90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #99
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMcF90
I'll try those pics again.
I added some RC 1" boomerang shackles to my RC 4" lift. I hear on here longer shackles can help out if more flex is desired and it did. Like you Ive had my lift on coming up on a year and have no sag. I have a hardtop, 4.0 6cyl, loaded with cargo and full tank out gas and it will just level out. Heres a flex ive done with the shackles, no rear tracbar, no swaybar, but front tracbar connected.
image-145601014.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.