RC 4" Lift Kit - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RC 4" Lift Kit

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #76
College94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If you can't get those bolts out, Try using a pipe wrench before you try cutting, I had to and I got 3 of them out this way. You wreck the heads but it's better than drilling them out later.

Tuck, hows the lift doing?

College94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #77
jdgronemeyer1s
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by College94YJ View Post
If you can't get those bolts out, Try using a pipe wrench before you try cutting, I had to and I got 3 of them out this way. You wreck the heads but it's better than drilling them out later.

Tuck, hows the lift doing?

did you guys replace all the bolts?
jdgronemeyer1s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:33 AM   #78
noflacko
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgronemeyer1s View Post
So, basically the "tcase drop brakets" are just spacers between the skid plate and the frame? Also, Will it be real tough getting the bolts out?
Yes, and hopefully not...PB Blaster soaks in to help.

Cleveland, TN Jeepers UNITE! Monthly meet-N-greet, every third Saturday at Jordan's BBQ!
noflacko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:21 PM   #79
College94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm still in the process of replacing mine still. I have a 5 day weekend so i'll get it done then. Right now I ground the heads down enough the skid plate slid over them. So i'll try again with a pipe wrench. If they don't come out i'll cut them off and re tap the hole.
College94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #80
jdgronemeyer1s
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I did mine Saturday. Took all day, I had to use a cut off wheel on 3 of the spring bolts, and the Pittman arm was a *****, but it was nothing I didn't expect. All in all I'm happy with it so far!

Some attempted flex pics, but the springs are still pretty stiff. This was the day after I put the lift on.

Unread 04-26-2010, 01:14 AM   #81
PhiLambYJ94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have this lift sitting in my room waiting till finals are over. Did any one replace the Pitman arm? i haven't decided if i really need to do that. New to Jeep modifications and new owner.. BTW
PhiLambYJ94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #82
AM0608
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I didnt replace mine yet (its been a week) and I think its fine. I am going to replace it later but it fine with out it.
AM0608 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #83
jdgronemeyer1s
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It comes with the drop pittman arm. I replaced mine. Why wouldn't you use it?
Unread 04-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #84
flipit13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i have to say this site is pretty informative. and alot of cool rigs.
i want to do this lift on my yj build who has the best price and are there any other snags besides the bolts & pitman arm?

thansk
rick
flipit13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #85
AM0608
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I didnt use my drop pittman arm cause I didnt have time to put it on yet
AM0608 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #86
newyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

not changing the pitman arm may wear your tie rod ends quickly, be careful all rigs are different.

[url]http://www.cityprofile.com[/url]

[url]http://www.pgh-offroad.com[/url]
newyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #87
newyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

save time and cut most if not all of the old hardware out, and replace with new. Plan to extend front brake lines.

[url]http://www.cityprofile.com[/url]

[url]http://www.pgh-offroad.com[/url]
newyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #88
88blkyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

jdgronemeyer1s

how bad is the RC and that BL? Reason asking I have a 3 inch body and dont know if it is going to be a PITA to take off, cut bushings, find new hardware, etc. and thinking about leaving it on for the time being...

flexing any better now?
88blkyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #89
BigGreenGiant
1995 YJ Wrangler 

How much all in all did the kit and replacement parts cost you? And did you get rid of the sway bar and all that?
BigGreenGiant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #90
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenGiant View Post
How much all in all did the kit and replacement parts cost you? And did you get rid of the sway bar and all that?
The kit costs $500 shipped ($50 shipping), then you have to consider other hardware, universal joints, brake lines, specialty tools, etc.

$80 brake lines, $25 for hard lines and bending tool, $15 per joint, you really can't add it all up because it's always different and you can never really keep track. Just make sure you have maybe $200 in hand for things you may run into during the lift.

The kit comes with relocating brackets for all the stock sway and trac bars but if you don't want to re install them then it's just less work. You're going to need replacement hardware for the shocks and springs. I believe you get shock stem bolts, bushings and washers, but they expect you to re use everything else.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.