RC 4" Lift Kit - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RC 4" Lift Kit

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Reply
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #46
tuckinauster
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdpb22 View Post
you dont kneed to do anyother modafications or purchase anythign else to make the kit work?
In theory no, however, some people need to run a SYE and a cv driveshaft so they dont have driveline vibes. I am just running the t-case drop, and I have no vibes what-so-ever.

__________________
Sniper Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #47
vfrpilot
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 2,075
I too, added nothing but the TC drop & have minimal (if any really) vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckinauster View Post
In theory no, however, some people need to run a SYE and a cv driveshaft so they dont have driveline vibes. I am just running the t-case drop, and I have no vibes what-so-ever.
__________________
01 TJ SPORT - 4.0, 4" Lift on 16" MOABS /SSTs
Post count CUT from over 1400 to 940 on 1/30/09 - What'd I do ?
/l ,[___],
l--L-⌐OlllllllO-
▒)ĮĮ ▒)--♂-▒)
Criminals thrive on society's indulgence in tolerance
vfrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 04:49 AM   #48
PiedmontYJ
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 29
same here same lift TC drop and no vibes.and yes you ride will slowly become smoother as the springs settle.
__________________
11 JK 2.5" RC BB 33X12.50 Duratrac and a few mor goodies
PiedmontYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:42 AM   #49
BennyLT
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Spruce Creek, PA
Posts: 109
Thanks for a good thread with very good pictures.
__________________
'89 YJ - 4.2L auto -
Its a Work in process (please help!)

Early YJ Club member #13
BennyLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #50
tuckinauster
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyLT View Post
Thanks for a good thread with very good pictures.
No problem, I still have yet to get the dang thing off of pavement though... I hate living in town...
__________________
Sniper Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #51
Turner
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cleveland, TN
Posts: 800
Get to it man. that thing looks really good!
__________________
--Turner--
2006 Jeep TJ
1982 Toyota Pickup 20r/22r Hybrid, 5.29s, Lockrite frt/spool rear, Longfields, Hysteer, discs, armor, dents, smiles.
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #52
iowajeepers
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In the Shop
Posts: 995
Sleeves and Bolts

Tuck,

Did you have any issues with some of the bolts not feeding through the bushing sleeves? My kit is having an issue with a couple bolts and sleeves for the shackles. I think it's just a machining variance issue. I'm wondering if I can just use a drill press to clean up the inside of the sleeves a bit and maybe take the bolts to a sanding wheel to remove any cruft. Anyone have any thoughts?

IJ
__________________
Cars.

1994 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2000 XJ, 2004 WJ, 1976 Stingray
iowajeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #53
tuckinauster
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowajeepers View Post
Tuck,

Did you have any issues with some of the bolts not feeding through the bushing sleeves? My kit is having an issue with a couple bolts and sleeves for the shackles. I think it's just a machining variance issue. I'm wondering if I can just use a drill press to clean up the inside of the sleeves a bit and maybe take the bolts to a sanding wheel to remove any cruft. Anyone have any thoughts?

IJ
It seems like ever since RC started to include hardware with the kits people have been running into that problem. From what I've read most guys drill the bushings out a little to clearance the bolts. My kit didn't come with new hardware, so I had to buy my own. I didn't have any issues with bushings not fitting.
__________________
Sniper Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #54
Barrio
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckinauster View Post
It seems like ever since RC started to include hardware with the kits people have been running into that problem. From what I've read most guys drill the bushings out a little to clearance the bolts. My kit didn't come with new hardware, so I had to buy my own. I didn't have any issues with bushings not fitting.
we did mine yesterday and and to drill out the bushings just a tiny bit to fit.
__________________
www.offroadjunkies.net
www.pgh-offroad.com
-OD Green/Flat Black 92' 4" Rough Country Lift, tons of crap.
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #55
Jeepaw
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 17
HI

did you compensate the lift with an appropriate rear drive shaft or you still got the stock ones on?
Jeepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #56
Barrio
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepaw View Post
HI

did you compensate the lift with an appropriate rear drive shaft or you still got the stock ones on?
it comes with a T case drop if you want to go that route al well.
__________________
www.offroadjunkies.net
www.pgh-offroad.com
-OD Green/Flat Black 92' 4" Rough Country Lift, tons of crap.
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 06:31 AM   #57
rmorrison9773
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 28
4 months so far so good

Have had my RC 4" lift on for 4 months now. No issues so far!
rmorrison9773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 06:50 AM   #58
machinehead131
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Capital Region, NY
Posts: 603
Mines going on this week, yours looks good!
machinehead131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #59
RecycledTeen
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Western Kentucky, Kentucky
Posts: 95
I've had my lift kit since late last year and am now finally settled in and am ready to put it on. The only question I have is, does anyone know when and which springs were the bad ones? I e-mailed Ryan and am waiting for the expert answer from him. Yeah, I know he is at the meet this weekend and I expect to hear from him at the first of the week. But I was just wondering if anyone had noticed a pattern on the timing of buying bad springs? I hate to put it on and then have to yank it off in a few months so if I can find out that my springs came out of a bad batch, maybe I can save a bit of labor!

'teen
__________________
99 TJ Lifted, Armored, & Locked, what else can I say???

I thought I was done with the mods..............I was wrong!
_____________________________________________
One who refuses to grow up and is reliving his years as a "RecycledTeen"
RecycledTeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2008, 10:49 PM   #60
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecycledTeen View Post
I've had my lift kit since late last year and am now finally settled in and am ready to put it on. The only question I have is, does anyone know when and which springs were the bad ones? I e-mailed Ryan and am waiting for the expert answer from him. Yeah, I know he is at the meet this weekend and I expect to hear from him at the first of the week. But I was just wondering if anyone had noticed a pattern on the timing of buying bad springs? I hate to put it on and then have to yank it off in a few months so if I can find out that my springs came out of a bad batch, maybe I can save a bit of labor!

'teen





If the leaf springs you have are this design, and you end-up with this as your rear shackle angle (very poor), and the spring clips are clamped down tight like these (very restrictive and prohibit flex greatly), I can't see how these leafs could ever perform nice.

If your leaf spring shackle and leaf are not at an angle of ~90* statically, then they tend to fight each other and cause unwanted suspension dynamics. The greater angle they are from ~90* the worse things tend to be and shackle inversion can come into play be it the front shackles or the rears.

Way too many restrictions and a poor design if you ask me.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.