RC 4" Lift Kit - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RC 4" Lift Kit

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 03-23-2008, 10:08 AM   #31
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

i just put the rc 4" and set of 32's on my yj, and it rides like a freakin brick. iv put about 200 miles on the street and a day on the trails on them so far. do other peoples ride super rough and how long til they break in and get a little more compliant?

lurkeryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #32
llcustom
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just got my RC 4" lift. I only got three TC drop bolts, am I mising parts or did I miss some info on how to go from six bolts to three.
My Jeep is from New Mexico and feel you pain, I hat to cut out all four spring to frame bolt and both lower rear shock bolts.
llcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #33
BiTMAP
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i would think your missing bolts, because i wouldnt want to go with any less.
BiTMAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 10:57 AM   #34
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkeryj View Post
i just put the rc 4" and set of 32's on my yj, and it rides like a freakin brick. iv put about 200 miles on the street and a day on the trails on them so far. do other peoples ride super rough and how long til they break in and get a little more compliant?
make sure everything is torqued properly and not too tight. i usually run shackle bolts around 50 ft/lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #35
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkeryj View Post
i had the same problem when i first put on my lift. the springs soften up over time. it also makes a huge difference if you change your frame bushings, or get greasable shackles.
Unread 03-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #36
Corpse Kid
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i just put the same kit on yesterday but I want to change the shackles. The ones on there are not stock and I have no idea what kind they are. I had to use washers on each side of the spring eyes because the shackles seem to be to wide. What should I switch to? Or what are you using.
Corpse Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 12:39 PM   #37
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckinauster View Post
make sure everything is torqued properly and not too tight. i usually run shackle bolts around 50 ft/lbs
cool ill give that a shot. i just used my 3/8 impact and tightened them all up. also, i have killer flex in the rear, but i am only using about 3 inches of my shock travel up front. i am running the sway bar up front, could that be limiting my travel that much?
lurkeryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #38
Brads_nky_yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpse Kid View Post
i just put the same kit on yesterday but I want to change the shackles. The ones on there are not stock and I have no idea what kind they are. I had to use washers on each side of the spring eyes because the shackles seem to be to wide. What should I switch to? Or what are you using.

Go with the MORE shackles. I hear that they are the best you can go with.
Brads_nky_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #39
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpse Kid View Post
A lot of people go with M.O.R.E. I went with Currie because they are 2 blocks from my house, so i didnt have to pay for shipping. Very satisfied.
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #40
njdpb22
1989 YJ Wrangler 

did you have to make the driveshaft longer?
njdpb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #41
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdpb22 View Post
did you have to make the driveshaft longer?
Nope

tenchar

Quote:
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #42
njdpb22
1989 YJ Wrangler 

tenchar? sorry i dont know what that is
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #43
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

ya need 10 characters in order to post something, its just a way to make up the characters.

Quote:
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:09 PM   #44
YJ_95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hey i have the same lift with the same tires and wheels. I love the lift.
YJ_95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:14 PM   #45
njdpb22
1989 YJ Wrangler 

hahaa oh ok thx. so basicly this lift kit from rough country is a plug and play kit? you dont kneed to do anyother modafications or purchase anythign else to make the kit work?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.