JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   Rain puddle on soft top?? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rain-puddle-soft-top-1528845/)

flcracker 05-27-2013 01:40 PM

Rain puddle on soft top??

I have a new top on my '92 and when it rains, I get a pretty good size puddle between the bar and the windshield. Is there any type of bow or support that anyone makes to support the fabric there to prevent this?? It seems like it is stretching out the fabric and making it looser than it needs to be compounding the problem each time it rains....

Tom95YJ 05-27-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flcracker
I have a new top on my '92 and when it rains, I get a pretty good size puddle between the bar and the windshield. Is there any type of bow or support that anyone makes to support the fabric there to prevent this?? It seems like it is stretching out the fabric and making it looser than it needs to be compounding the problem each time it rains....

Quadratec sells a bow to push up the top. You may need some adjustable tension rods for the top

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum

flcracker 05-27-2013 02:07 PM

Thanks, I knew I saw this somewhere before but I couldn't remember where. Anyone else using this thing??

Tom95YJ 05-27-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flcracker
Thanks, I knew I saw this somewhere before but I couldn't remember where. Anyone else using this thing??

I used them on my bikini and duster on my 95

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum

Michaelgoesrawr 05-27-2013 02:44 PM

There are a lot of people using this. If you're feeling handy, go to lowes and get some PVC pipe, I think people use 1/2" (suppose you can check the bendyness while you're there) and appropriate T fittings(X2) and you can make your own by cutting the top of the T in half that creates a cup which fits around your roll bar/padding. You can use an X piece too and cut it in half. Then you just cut the pipe to the length that will give you the bow you'd like and push it together. Easy and quick.

jbolty 05-27-2013 02:44 PM

1/2 pvc
tee on top
cut long enough to reach from floor or console to hold up top
profit

jserna 05-28-2013 05:51 PM

I used the fiber glass rods from a on old dome tent.

MJDriver 05-28-2013 06:01 PM

I did the floor to roof thing with a mop with a flat 6" x 12" head. Spreads out the push on the top and works well.

Luuca 05-28-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJDriver (Post 15491243)
I did the floor to roof thing with a mop with a flat 6" x 12" head. Spreads out the push on the top and works well.

Only in a YJ. :highfive:

EABiker 05-29-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJDriver (Post 15491243)

As an added bonus, you can use the mop to cleanup the rainwater that leaks through the dash and collects on the floor! :2thumbsup:

I, myself, use the lower portion of my old deck umbrella to keep my bikini top from giving me a cold shower after it rains.

babasnoopy 05-29-2013 08:43 AM

I have the Skid Row Top Prop. Works great. It fits nicely behind the front seats when I take the bikini off as well.

pasinbuy 05-29-2013 04:30 PM

Find a flat piece of aluminum two inches wide about three feet long. Can be purchased at your hardware store.

Cut a notch on one end to fit into the bimini strap holder on top of your windshield, dead center.

Bend the aluminum to bow it a little, about as much as a regular bow that shoots arrows. Stick the notched end of the flat aluminum into the bimini strap holder, lay the other end over your roll bar.

Now no more puddles on your top.

Luuca 05-29-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pasinbuy (Post 15495471)
Find a flat piece of aluminum two inches wide about three feet long. Can be purchased at your hardware store.

Cut a notch on one end to fit into the bimini strap holder on top of your windshield, dead center.

Bend the aluminum to bow it a little, about as much as a regular bow that shoots arrows. Stick the notched end of the flat aluminum into the bimini strap holder, lay the other end over your roll bar.

Now no more puddles on your top.

NOPE. Gotta use a MOP.

SuperMidget 05-29-2013 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My solution... 2"x48" I think was the length... 90 degree bend and attach to windshield... I was lazy and shot a screw in em instead of drilling a hole and putting on behind a screw for the visor .. push tension to where you want it then bend around the roll bar and problem solved

Attachment 632353

MJDriver 05-29-2013 09:06 PM

Nicely done.

The time now is 12:11 AM.