Rain Pouring In - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rain Pouring In

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Zazoos
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Rain Pouring In

Hey Gang,

Driving the jeep in pouring rain causes water to shower the inside of the jeep.

The tube thingy on the firewall does not have any clogs. The window frame is new with new rubber. We even installed one of those air scoops facing rearward towards the windshield. The firewall does not have any holes without rubber grommets. How can we stop the rain from pouring in?

Here is a youtube video showing the rain pouring in.
YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Here is a link to the write up about the jeep.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/2...oject-1476029/

Here is a pic of the jeep.

Thanks for the help.

Zazoos

Zazoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Zazoos
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I guess I also might need some help making the youtube link work.
Zazoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
69moparman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

How did you install the glass? Did you use the correct mastic and put it on correctly? Did you install the thick rubber seal propperly? I recently replaced my windshield frame and glass. I followed the instructions word for word, and it still leaked. Putting on the mastic was the most miserable thing I ever had to do to a Jeep! It's stiff and requires a heavy duty caulking gun. If the mastic isn't applied just right it won't make contact with the entire glass surface and it will leak.
To fix it, I removed the thin rubber filler strip and loaded the void between the glass & frame flange with RTV sealant and re-installed the trim piece. No more leaks.
69moparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Have you gone through everything in the leaks write up in the FAQ's?

Mine was leaking from two places, the body seam below the windshield where the cowl and the tub meet and at the body seam where the cowl meets the tub on the sides at the top of the fender line essentially. I used a dental pick to dig is all out and then got a tube of body sealant from the local paint supply. Maybe not as easy of a solution for you though (if that's where it's leaking) because I was doing a full color change at the time so didn't have to worry about matching anything up.

You can see here the two areas I'm talking about. After sealing they were coated in Chassis Saver, so that's the silver color......

timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.