Radio wiring, 90 YJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Radio wiring, 90 YJ

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 05-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #16
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Does this help?

GRN w/ TR - Left Rear Feed
GRN - Left Front Feed
BLK w/ TR - Left Front Return
BRN w/ TR - Left Rear Return
WHT w/ TR - Right Rear Feed
WHT - Right Front Feed
BLK - Right Front Return
BRN - Right Rear Return
BLK - Ground
VIO - Ignition controlled power
ORN - Panel Intensity Input

Anybody notice what's missing? Yup, a constant power source. If your YJ is like mine, and has an analog clock in your gauge cluster, you have NO constant power source at the radio. I had to tap a new line from the battery to get my new radio working.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #17
1celtmom
1990 YJ Wrangler 

thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked all the fuses and they look fine, I'll see if my son can help with checking the voltage. I appreciate all the help!
1celtmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.