radio install question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > radio install question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-11-2007, 03:38 PM   #16
joe's_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescuer
THis is going to sound bad but, did you disconnect the batt to start the work by chance and not reconnect it?

IVE DONE IT!!!!

You have double checked the fuses?

Do you even get a clock?

Did you try with the keys in?
yes the battery connect is hooked up, i dont know what fuse to check, i dont get a clock and i have done it with the keys in and started. Thanks

joe's_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #17
trickle26
1994 YJ Wrangler 

so did the new radio you are trying to install come with a seperate harness to connect to the factory wiring or did you crimp each individual wire from the new radio to the factory wires? Double check your colors on the corresponding wires for Power lead, remote, make sure the ground is tight, speaker wires etc.? Make sure the harness and or crimps are all solid and tight.
Some radios come with an inline fuse as someone mentioned earlier also check the fuse in your fuse panel on the inside firewall. It may have blown when the other radio was stolen, wires got crossed or yanked around, etc.
87' YJ Laredo
88' YJ Sahara
90' XJ Limited
trickle26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #18
joe's_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i was thinking its the fuse i just dont know what one to check
Unread 04-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #19
Semperfi

starting from the bottom left of the fuse panel go up one... according to my online pub it powers the cig lighter, radio, and illumination lamps. i don't have my yj with me but pm me if i can be of further assistance...

good luck
Unread 04-11-2007, 06:32 PM   #20
joe's_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

thanks alot, i really appericate it guys. Ill check that fuse out tomarrow
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:16 PM   #21
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

get a multimeter..... lowe's sells a greenlee for $18 that'll be perfect for everything jeep related and it's even got a crappy rubber "boot" to help protect it from damage when you drop it....
'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

March 1st, 8pm. WILMINGTON, NC MEET & GREET @ HOOTERS!
Big-n-Broke-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #22
TrailWorthyFab
TrailWorthyFab.com

2005 TJ Wrangler 

A lot of the time there is an inline fuse. It is in a semi clear/white sleve. It holds a fuse that is skinny and round in size. You twist the clear/white sleve to open it. You should be able to check the fuse with ease to see if it is blown. I'm 99% sure you have a fuse problem
TrailWorthyFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #23
gary1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If you are installing a stock OEM Radio, the wire you show plugs onto a tab that is already on the back of your radio.. It is right beside the main plug-in...
The wire is already attached to a ground, and its purpose is to ground your radio. If the tab is missing, just loosen a screw on your new radio and attach the wire to it, which will ground the radio...

To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.
gary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #24
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Wait a min. The wire in your pic ( as asked above) comes from the truck not the radio? If so then with above, just attach it to one of the screws on the radio.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #25
TrailWorthyFab
TrailWorthyFab.com

2005 TJ Wrangler 

pm me your email and I will send you a complet wireing diagram for your jeep. This was a huge help when I coudn't get my 4wd light to come on. It tells you (as far as the jeep goes not your radio) what every color of every wire in your jeep is and what it goes to/from. Great tool when trying to figure out where you weak link is.
TrailWorthyFab is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.