radiators - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > radiators

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-15-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
iwishihad1

radiators

hey everybody

a friend of mine has been having a little sting of bad luck with his jeep like most of us do. they drive find for 6 months, then it all busts loose..lol

anyways he broke an axle shaft at my house a couple weeks ago, and couldn't find the intermediate shaft anywhere, so i swapped in my spare Xj shaft, well we didn't take into account the seal sizes to it leaked. we finally got a seal in it the other day. well he goes to drive home, and his radiator blows up..he gets it home, and his seal is leaking again.

so 1 problem at a time, how should we go about replacing the radiator, how much are they, and are there any he should go for that cool better

iwishihad1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

www.yahoo.com

type "wrangler radiator"

the 4,235,233 companies that come up should be able to help you out. i've found that the first results that come up are coming up first b/c they pay to be at the top of the list.... they can afford to pay b/c they sell a ton of stuff.... which usually means they have just about the lowest prices.
'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

March 1st, 8pm. WILMINGTON, NC MEET & GREET @ HOOTERS!
Big-n-Broke-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
pyro9862

If it's not plastic look in the yellow pages for a radiator shop. They will clean it out, pressure test it higher than your cooling system ever goes, and solder any leaks that pop up. The last one I had done cost $40.
pyro9862 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.