it quit ! Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > it quit ! Help

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-19-2001, 06:19 AM   #1
Shotgun

it quit ! Help

i was driveing my Jeep 87 yj and it quit...i have power. my lights work,but my radio and everything in the dash do not work. it wont start checked all wires for shorts,and checked fuses. any clues anybody???

Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2001, 10:14 AM   #2
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Try replacing the starter relay there should be two small green wires running to it, a red power wire from the battery and a ton of fusible links. To get home one day with my old xj, I jumped the green wires directly to power(to kick in the starter)once it starts, remove the green wires from power. MAKE SURE ITS NOT IN GEAR! if so, you may be chasing your rig down the road or worse, be run over by it.
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2001, 11:14 PM   #3
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

I agree with Tonka - check the starter & the starter seloniod. If it's shorted out it will screw up your electrical system.
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.