Quick Help Please - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Quick Help Please

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #16
shansjeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Are you telling me that even if we go to a weber Carb it won't pass emissions?? I had no idea! I've never come across that and I read the forum a lot. We're going to go ahead and buy the 4.2. I made a deal and I won't break it. But I've already talked to her about maybe we should just sell that here. There are none here and I'm sure we could wheel and deal with our local Jeep guy. I definitely will talk more to her about it tomorrow. We're driving five hours each way to get a motor we don't really need. Bummer. But oh well.

shansjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #17
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

To be honest with all the work your going to be putting in on this swap it might as well be a V8. I was in the same shoes not to long ago and went the V8 route so I'm kinda biased.

”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
SH00T3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #18
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You can check with your local emissions requirement. They will require all original emissions equipment and no it will not pass without it. I am not familiar with your emissions laws but I can tell you that if they are strict you don't stand a snowballs chance in Hell of passing it without the emissions controls and it will be difficult with them. You might be exempt because of the age. Check and see.
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #19
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I would recommend going with the fuel injection as well. get the hesco wiring harness, it is a bit of extra money but it has all the wires basically terminated. all you have to do is hook up a few wires to very easily accessed points. the instructions are well sorted out. it is a very easy install.
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #20
shansjeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You guys are so great. I will post the only pics I have. The red jeep is mine. The green jeep with the blue engine is what I'm picking up tomorrow. Deb says all the catalytic and exhaust things are still there. I'm sorry. I don't know how to work on jeeps. Yet. I just read.
shanwag.57383@uploads.photobucket.com
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #21
shansjeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I hope I did that right. I followed anticanman's steps to create an account and upload.
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #22
shansjeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

image-140529811.jpg
image-1487587909.jpg

Unread 10-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #23
shansjeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 10-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #24
shansjeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I give up guys. The resolution on the photos from my iPhone is too high for the site. Obviously, I need to give up. Thanks anyway. The pictures that loaded were from the guy from whom I'm buying the motor. Just never mind.
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #25
shansjeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I can take some engine photos with my real digital camera tomorrow and will upload then. Sorry I whined.
Unread 10-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Make a photobucket account for free and upload them to that. After that copy and past the image code you get on the right hand side of the screen. I use my iPhone for all my photos. Even have Photobucket on my phone for when im away from my computer

”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
SH00T3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #27
shansjeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you the advice, but that is what I was using. Photobucket kept sending error messages that my resolution was too high to load. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Btw, went to Kansas, got the motor, and we are back home in TX tonight. It was a long drive but totally worth it. We're sitting down tomorrow to look at all our parts and decide what we are going to do. The motor is rebuilt and really nice. Even if we do decide to go 4.0 we will come out ahead. There are just no 4.2 motors anywhere around here and we can sell it for a profit if to buy more parts. Either way, we have two motors, lots of parts, and also bought the guys American Racing 1" tube radiator for our YJ. It was a productive day. We're ready to get the Jeep into our shop and get started! Excited!

Tags
1990 , stock , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.