Questions on lift. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Questions on lift.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 01-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
OliverTwist
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Questions on lift.

I have a 92 YJ with a 4" rough country lift and 33" M/T's. My question is - if I installed a 1" body lift what would I have to change?

OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

You may have to trim your fan shroud a bit. may have to adjust your shift linkage.

I didn't have to do anything except trim 1/2 off the bottom of fan shroud. with 1-1/4" body lift.
Unread 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I would think the linkage to the transfer may have to be altered due to the body being raised. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Unread 01-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well assuming you buy a complete kit from someone it will most likely have instructions, follow them. If your buying a puck kit you may want to buy some new bushings as well. Daystar makes a real nice 1 1/4" kit comes with everything you need. Need to watch for harness stretch, linkage if you have an auto, radiator shroud, maybe shifter extensions if you dont like how far down they drop. I am also assuming you already have a t-case drop with your 4" lift. T-case shifter drops real low with a t-case drop and body lift. May also have to adjust the shifter cowls a little.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
mrdeath2000
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I did a 1" lift and I just had to cut a little gap in the shroud for the bottom radiator hose. Didnt have to fully trim it.

Also, the powersteering resevoir was really tight, so mine is only held on with one bolt instead of two. I just moved it down so the top hole is where the bottom hole would have went. I may have had to trim something there because of how it's molded to fit ... I vaugly recall.

This was with the 1" daystar kit.
Unread 01-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
OliverTwist
1992 YJ Wrangler 

ok, thanks. im gonna go with the daystar
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
RustedWrangler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

you know a 1" shackle lift is way eaiser and works just fine. I fit 35's with a 4" suspension lift, 1.25" shackle lift and cut the rear to fit tj flares.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.