Questions on how to order MORE Shackles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Questions on how to order MORE Shackles

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 04-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Questions on how to order MORE Shackles

Im looking on the MORE web page and Im a bit confused
I want the boomerang 5/8 inch lift shackles for the front and rear.
I currently have the 4wd hardware 2" suspension lift military wrapped springs with stock shackles
The order form wants me to enter a spring with . I measured the springs and got 2 1/2 inches but at the part where the shackle attatches its only 2 1/4 inches. do i tell the its a 2 1/2 inch wide spring?
Also they want to know the spring eye inside diamater. The parts list that came with my lift says the spring eye bushings OD is 1.5 inches so this means the the spring eye ID must be 1.5 . Am I correct?
The last choice is bolt size , the first choice dosent mention a size so am I to assume this is the stock bolt size that I am using since i have the stock shackles?
The instruction mention that the shackle end of the spring uses 1/2 " ID sleeves So I beleive I am to order using 1/2" not 9/16"
The other bolt size is 9/16"
Thanks for your help
Are these only sold by the manufacturer?

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/

Last edited by YJames90; 04-27-2008 at 06:19 PM..
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
darioc
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I would pm "Fullsizexj" I bought 2 sets from him and he was very helpful. Tell him what kind of springs you have and he'll help you out. I think basically they wanna know whether or not you have military wrap.
darioc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I bought front and rears from Fullsizexj today.. Thanks. I will post pics after the install

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Call them. They are very friendly and will fix you right up. I never order off the site. I always call and get it straight from the horses mouth. This goes both ways.....as then they can talk with you and get you what you need the first time.
Helldorado Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
ErikJordan
Pimp Hand

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darioc View Post
I would pm "Fullsizexj" I bought 2 sets from him and he was very helpful. Tell him what kind of springs you have and he'll help you out. I think basically they wanna know whether or not you have military wrap.
i second that...

What is all of this talk of Savvily designed products?
ErikJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #6
Fif28
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raider View Post
Call them. They are very friendly and will fix you right up. I never order off the site. I always call and get it straight from the horses mouth. This goes both ways.....as then they can talk with you and get you what you need the first time.
I second this, I've called and they are great! They'll be getting some more of my hard earned money for sure!
Fif28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.