questions about body lifts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > questions about body lifts

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
Mudmouse990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

questions about body lifts

ok so i dont want much and i dont want to go through that much trouble i know suspension is the way to go but im just lookin for a cheap lift for now i was thinking two inches of body lift and then a one inch shackle lift i hear mixed opinions but what do u think will the body lift require any difficult mods all the kits say that everything is included but im not sure , any suggestions will be helpful thanks

Mudmouse990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/b...-w-pix-705291/

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
chico166
2011 JK Wrangler 

My YJ had a 3" BL on it when I bought it. The PO welded the steps bars just under the body on the frame, so I can't take the BL off until I cut the step bars off. When I do, I will remove the BL and replace with a 1" or nothing at all. My suggestion is either do a 1" or nothing at all. nything more is a PITA and doesn't look good in addition to being virtually useless. Nothing had to be altered with the one on mine the best I can tell.
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
wv2jeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'd save your money for a suspension lift,I know thats not what you want to hear but a body lift is like 80-125 dollers and shackles like 50-100 bucks.If you go to put a body lift and the old bolts break,which is very common on the yj it can turn in to a nightmare.For like 450.00 you can get a rough country 4in suspension that comes with everything you need and with new shocks and springs it will tighten everything up and drive nice.I think jeeps look bad with just a body lift with stock suspension.just my 2cents
wv2jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
Mudmouse990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

yeah suspension is the way i want to go but i didnt know if bl and shackle would be a cheap alternative but i get what your saying i think ill just go for the suspension thanks
Mudmouse990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Body lift and shackle lift is a great ADDITION to a suspension lift, not an alternative.
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body lift , jeep yj , shackle lift

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.