Question on YJ Engine mounts? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Question on YJ Engine mounts?

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 07-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #16
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

You will find my answer on my tool box. It's a Yellow Oval decal.

Do It once and be Done !

imageuploadedbyautoguide1373594113.989325.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Unread 07-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #17
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Brown Dog mounts are very nice, but M.O.R.E. makes a great product as well.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #18
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

there so easy to make why spend the $90. even if you dont have a welder u must know someone with one who could spend 5 minutes running a few beads. or its a great excuse to buy one. even a stick welder can be bought used for less than the new mounts cost. if u own a jeep its kinda manditory to own a welder!
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #19
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Kinda off topic...are both of the factory mounts identical in size or is one larger that the other? I got a new set and one is wider than the other where the engine would bolt to the mount.
Unread 07-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #20
VenomousMaximus
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Is the manual trans mount and the automatic trans mount the same?
VenomousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #21
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
Kinda off topic...are both of the factory mounts identical in size or is one larger that the other? I got a new set and one is wider than the other where the engine would bolt to the mount.
I ran into the problem when I installed new factory mounts from autozone. I took a grinder and shaved off what I needed.

I'd imagine the mounts are the same engine wise despite the transmission. No reason to change one to the other.
Unread 07-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #22
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
I ran into the problem when I installed new factory mounts from autozone. I took a grinder and shaved off what I needed.

I'd imagine the mounts are the same engine wise despite the transmission. No reason to change one to the other.
I was considering that. I got my set from Q-tec because I needed the transmission mount and I figured I may as well change them out too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.