Question and a Thanks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Question and a Thanks

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Question and a Thanks

Okay, so first off I would like to thank Magatetzz for the amazing deal he gave me on an ATK remand engine. I truly do appreciate what you did tremendously.

Now here is my question. The engine I got from Magatetzz today came with most everything for it. From the clutch to a brand new Rad. There are a few things that aren't there, but I have most of those available. Anyway, I bought an engine stand for this project and I am unsure on the bolt sizes I need for it. I have a picture off of google that shows the same location I want to bolt mine to. If anyone knows the bolt sizes that would be awesome. I believe they belong to the bellhousing, but am unsure.
I know what you are thinking, why not just try a couple bolts. Well the engine is now about an hour and a half away from my house. Its at the farm. So I want to make sure I have the right ones. Or a close size to start.

Also, this engine was intended for a 99TJ, will the intake manifold work with my YJ? It has the throttle body on it still. Can I use the one I have on my YJ now? Or do I need to swap my manifold and TB?

Oh and its a 4.0

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
And thanks again Magatetzz. I don't want to use your real name.

engine-mount.jpg

[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Bump regarding my intake manifold question.

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Bell housing bolts is all I used on a 2.5L.

The intake should fit and any differences should be for anything like attaching accesories. I would definetly fit check it and see if that is a go.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

The three top bolts are 3/8-16 and the two bottom ones are 7/16-14.
New intake will physically fit but the new TB MAY have different connectors (electrical). No reason not to reuse your YJ TB. Clean it up good paying attention to the IAC port/seat. Where your going to maybe have heartburn is the power steering mounting and the intake. here are a couple different mounts out there and you may have to swap a couple parts. Google is your friend here.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.