Question on Pit Bull tires? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Question on Pit Bull tires?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #16
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That's my White YJ in the pics above. When I got my tires mounted they said I could air down to 3 o 4psi. I don't have beadlocks and thought they were crazy. I did go to 8psi with no problems. The sidewalls are about .5" thick so they'll hold you up. I've been doing this for close to 30 years and these are by far the best tires I've ran. On road they seem to be holding up well, not alot of road noise. They are about like a BFG MT, if that helps. Not as bad as a TSL Swamper. The 35's measure out at 35.5. And as far as fitting with 4" suspension & 2" body you shouldn't have to cut anything. I have the 4" but no body lift and had to trim somemore of the rear fender. I also have the 15x10's but with 3.5" backspacing and have no issues with spring rub. Hope this helps ya out.

1995 4.0l, 5spd., 4:88's, ARB's F/R, 4"RC lift, homebrew bumpers & tire carrier, homebrew gas tank skid, lined inside, Cobra cb, smitty winch, 130w & 55w Hella lights

Envy our past, Fear our future Go Cats!

Take a look at our club
www.torcoffroad.com & here on JF
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/brand-new-ky-offroad-club-678937/
Bigboyky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #17
Jeeper_YJ

Thanks for the post. It helps. I also have 15x10 but have to check. I might have 3.75 back space. They look like a nice tire though. What is the max psi? What psi are you running on the road?

Thanks
Jeeper_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #18
bpr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brads_nky_yj View Post
For you. Radial, definitely. If you drive on the road. Bias are decent on road if you dont drive far, but if you like to drive distances then you will wear em out quick. But offroad the bias are better, obviously.

But FWIW, the bias ply run MUCH smaller than stated. I have a buddy who has the 37" bias and they only measure 35.6" at 30psi. My 37" radial was 37.4" unmounted and right at 37"/37.1" mounted on a 15x10 wheel.
Any of your buddies got the 35x14.5x15 bias? I was wondering what size they really are.

Also are the sidewalls on the radials as thick as the bias version? Or how close.
bpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #19
crcj7
1986 CJ7 

i love those tires. you should just go to a v8 you will have plenty of passing/highway power ahah. boggers are a pia on the street there loud as a mofo and get pretty sketchy somethims . but are probaly my favorite trail tire i dont know how they do on desert rock and sand like you might see in las vegas they are sick on sloppy trails with like we have there is a good amount of rocks but usualy a lot of mud and other stuff around the rocks . I would be interested to see some pitbulls preforme here .

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.