Question for people living in NJ about inspection? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Question for people living in NJ about inspection?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 04-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
bigjoe27
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Question for people living in NJ about inspection?

While I am getting my Wrangler ready for inspection does anyone know if they will fail me for a Stinger front bumper in NJ? Being that I am on 35" tires I have to set up a special inspection and that takes time so was trying to figure out what they will possibly send me home for. I am adding washers to my bushwackers to get the correct tire coverage and taking off aftermarket shackles and 1" body lift to meet the requirements on height already.

bigjoe27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
b3llo38
1995 YJ Wrangler 

take it to a gas station or something that does inspections and just pay the 80$ to get it inspected.. they will pass you.

BNIB Brown Dog 1" Motor Mount Lift (make offer)
BNIB Currie 1" Body lift (make offer)
b3llo38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hmm.. Not sure about the stinger.. Can you take it off and throw on a stock bumper? There's a kid by me that just installed a HUGE one. He isn't due for inspection for a year or so. The gas station is OK if you're an inch or so over the legal height but big Jeeps need the tilt test. A garage can lose their license if they get caught and many don't want that to happen..
Unread 04-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
Robbypfd

I have been thru it twice. I have a 4 inch lift and on 33s, my son has a Rubicon with a 5 inch lift and 35s. They said he just made it thru cause it is heavier then a YJ. Thats what is keeping me from going to SOA and 35s. He has been pulled over by a state trooper saying he was to high, but with the special sticker giving the measurements of lift and tires it kept him from getting a ticket. We tried a private garage for our jeeps, but they all said they could be fined 10,000 dollars and lose their license for 6 months. I dont know about the stinger but make sure you have mud flaps the full width of the tread and come down to the center of the wheel.
Robbypfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #5
bigjoe27
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Call?

Do you think if I call them and ask they would let me know? If not I have to find a new Bumper asap, or fab one do you know if it has to be full width, or can it be a stubby bumper as well? The reason why is I am just about out of angle iron and don't want to buy more?
bigjoe27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
Robbypfd

I think if you call they will answer your questions. I took off my stubby bumper to be on the safe side, but I had a full width one sitting around. Good Luck
Robbypfd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.