purge canister ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > purge canister ?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-16-2001, 08:19 AM   #1
glm 87 wrangler

purge canister ?

Yes it that time of year again.Inspection!got away with it last year this year will be harder.won a purge canister on ebay.thats the caister that holds the unburned fuel.I need to know were it bolts to.Thought I knew but i was wrong,pics would be great Or tell me were it goes.Oh by the way, I have 4.2 258,dont think it the same as the 4 bangers.So all you 258 out there please reply would be greatfull

Unread 10-16-2001, 04:38 PM   #2
grantnps

Where do you live. In Oklahoma, a law passed banning inspections.
Unread 10-16-2001, 04:58 PM   #3
glm 87 wrangler

NO wish that were true in my state.Some states you got to pass a sniff test, but not in mine.The only thing in mine, what was on it stays on it smog control that is.Had a guy that got a sticker for me but has since move cant find him.Just would like to know were it was
mounted before so know one would know it was removed before and starts looking closer to
see what else maybe missing.If all else fails will stick it any were but would like to put
back were it was. It maybe missing a bracket dont know really it was removed before i got it.
Unread 10-16-2001, 05:19 PM   #4
iJeep

drivers side firewall in the corner
iJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2001, 05:36 PM   #5
glm 87 wrangler

Thanks that what i was thinking but wanted to make sure,Just thought it would be a tight fit.Also thought there was room on the pas.side, but wanted to be sure thanks alot..
Unread 10-16-2001, 07:46 PM   #6
mikeyjph

Just a thought, every year I turn my idle screw WAY down, like around 300 rpms at idle,and it passes emissions fine.
mikeyjph is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.