Pros & Cons To Swap A Ax15 Or Nv3555 What It Is Better To Take Out Ba10/5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Pros & Cons To Swap A Ax15 Or Nv3555 What It Is Better To Take Out Ba10/5

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 09-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
Fed

Pros & Cons To Swap A Ax15 Or Nv3555 What It Is Better To Take Out Ba10/5

I NEED TO CHANGE MY JEEP TRANSMISSION BA10/5 I JUST JOINED THE FORUM IAM FROM COSTA RICA, BEFORE PURCHASING A AX15 OR NV I WILL APPRECIATE ANY SUGGESTION OR RECOMEDATION. THANK YOU, PURA VIDA!!

Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
dmock
1984 CJ8 

I went with a new NV3550 a couple of months ago. I am VERY happy with the results.

I used this thread as reference
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/build-thread-peugeot-ba10-5-nv3550-316455/
Good luck!
dmock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
lah2420
1995 YJ Wrangler 

AX15 is probably easier, but I've read that the NV3550 is a much better transmission. I swapped to an 89 AX15 and an external slave assembly. It just takes a little more fabricating to get all the parts matched with the NV3550.
lah2420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
pushead

No fabbing for the nv3550. I bought mine just over a month ago for 500 and another 500 for all the conversion parts from advanced adapters. I would say the swap work wise will be the exact same. Its just a matter of what you kind find for the price of the tranny. The nv is a stronger tranny with better gear ratios. Just do a search for each one. They are compared a few times on the site. For my swap i unbolted the ba10 and cranked up the new nv and bolted it in. It is a direct swap. For either swap you will have to change the input gear in your tcase. That is it in a nut shell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.