proportioning valve leaking, broken bleeder? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > proportioning valve leaking, broken bleeder?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.com

Unread 04-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
offrdjeepfreak8
1987 YJ Wrangler 

proportioning valve leaking, broken bleeder?

my proportioning valve for my brakes is leaking and i think the bleeder might be broken off. here's a picture of it:

and here's an image i found online:

you can see that this one has a little nub and mine does not. can anyone confirm this for me? thanks

offrdjeepfreak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
offrdjeepfreak8
1987 YJ Wrangler 

bump for info
offrdjeepfreak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

My prop valve has what appears to be a "tin" cover over the part that your picture depicts. If you are leaking fluid from this port, then cover or not, this is a bad thing. I would suggest that you replace your proportioning valve if it is indeed leaking out of the end. It should not do that.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.