Proper oil pressure 91 YJ 4cy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Proper oil pressure 91 YJ 4cy

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 09-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
PiTRiFF
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Proper oil pressure 91 YJ 4cy

My Wrangler seems to be running great. Just had the oil changed today and according to the service tech stated everything looks good and m y oil pressure is fine. When I drive I noticed the needle on the gauge is around 80. Is that fine? What is the suggested oil pressure?

Check Out My Band VooDoo Brother www.voodoobrother.com
PiTRiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Reddy89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Mine sticks around there till it warms up, then it's at 40 no matter the speed, when idle'ing it'll drop a bit but it runs great.

I had an oil pressure issue, but turned out to be a combination of winter driving and few oil changes, after about the second oil change over the summer the pressure dropped back down and I stopped smelling oil!
Reddy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
PiTRiFF
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I just bought this a few days ago. It was sitting for the past year and only driven for fun maybe once a month. It has a rebuilt engine with 47k on it. New Tranny, all new suspension and the kid never drove it. I had it tuned up and so far I'm living on cloud 9. I picked this up as a result of my 95 YJ being totaled out by my Insurance company after some animal chewed through my wiring harness thus causing many issues.

Thanks for the advice

Check Out My Band VooDoo Brother www.voodoobrother.com
PiTRiFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.