problem i think is the starter...but why - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > problem i think is the starter...but why

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 09-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
branjmb
1992 YJ Wrangler 

problem i think is the starter...but why

since i installed my new engine i've had the (stock but brand-new) starter do something weird. For a while i suspected it was the thing making a high pitched clicking noise (very fast, like it kept spinning)... but i didn't do anything. Then one day my car didn't start. so I turned in the brand new starter under warranty for another. The clicking is happening again usually and mostly while idling after starting the engine.

Is it coming loose? I tested that and it didn't seem to be the case last time.
If it's just the stock starter's quirk, should i just shoot for a higher quality AM brand?

thanks!

branjmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It sounds like the starter isnt fully disenguaging. I would do a search on shims for the starter.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.