Probably asked a 1000 times - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Probably asked a 1000 times

Flowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country small builder parts in stock!! Awesome price

Unread 08-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
95YJ_Erwin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Probably asked a 1000 times

We have stripped down our 95 YJ and will be lining and painting next couple of weeks. Anyway, after several cans of Freeze Out, scrapped knuckles, some cursing, a set of easy outs, ... finally got all the Torx bolts out. I started looking for replacement Torx bolts, then realized I should not drink beer when planning on putting it back together

I figured I would replace (especially roll bar, seat belts) floor Torx (ones that get nasty) with hex heads. I can just match the ones noted above, but for future reference was wondering if anybody had ever put together a spread sheet or doc that showed "to replace Roll Bar Torx use this size Hex", etceteras? I would not mind replacing every Torx bolt in the interior with hex.

I did a search, but lots of hits on Torx / Hex and I admit I only looked through first 10 or so.

Unread 08-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
Redlightracer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If you run into problems with Torx bolts again , Weld a nut onto the Bolt then use wrench to get bolt out. Easy if and no broken knuckles. Sorry for the info late !!!
Redlightracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If you are really into it:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13019_208.htm

I personally take the bolts down to Ace Hardware and match them up with a hex grade 8 nut and bolt to replace it.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
I personally take the bolts down to Ace Hardware and match them up with a hex grade 8 nut and bolt to replace it.
This.

I wouldn't waste the time for the torx head bolts. Just get some good grade 8's by matching from ACE or Lowe's like Que said.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Now that I reread your question, I don't know? I thought there was a master list but I sure can't find it. The torque spec list is there. I wonder.... someone else like MAX, RUSTY, or JBolty might need to chime in!
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.