Price Help Please (I posted this in the wrong board 1st) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Price Help Please (I posted this in the wrong board 1st)

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-22-2002, 08:08 AM   #1
Rzrseg

Price Help Please (I posted this in the wrong board 1st)

Howdy,
Y'all helped me great the first time and I'm needing more of the same if you will.

I have a line on a

1987 wrangler, 6 cyl,5 speed AC, hard top and doors... It is burgandy in color w/ a black hard top. Paint is about 1 year old. Interior was all redone with new carpeting, reupholstered seats, pull out stereo,speakers,roll bar padding, grab handles and a center console. Has a bikini top and a full jeep cover for outside.Has a 4 inch lift. I just recently put on a set of aggressive 33" Pro-comp M/T's on black rock crawler rims. Jeep looks awesome now!

> It is registered, inspected and insured an is a daily driver..

> Unfortunaelty, it has high mileage, but the motor runs perfectly with no smoke or anything. ( I personally think it may have been rebuilt once, but I have no proof except for it runs superbly..

195,000 miles.

He was asking $5200 without the new tires (old one's were 31's) and $5800 with the new ones.

What y'all think? It's a 4 hour drive for me to go look at it. I'm having trouble locating anything in about the $5000 range like we're hoping and this seems to be a nice one.

I need help...bad.

Many thanks

<a href="http://photos.yahoo.com/rzrseg" target="_blank">http://photos.yahoo.com/rzrseg</a>
Rzrseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2002, 08:26 AM   #2
JeepN87

Well, I bought my 87 for about $3500, but I ended up having to dump about 2000 more into the engine, and i didn't buy it with tires,lift,etc. so compared to me, yeah you're getting a good deal. not sure about the mileage though, but i'm sure if he kept the engine in good condition you should be fine.
Unread 03-22-2002, 09:01 AM   #3
SBall

Sounds pretty good, but that is high mileage. Have you looked at the kelley blue book value (www.kbb.com). This will give you a starting price, then take into account the lift and interior/exterior work. I would almost be leaning towards taking the 31's, and trying to talk him down to $4700-$4900. He probably priced it quite a bit higher than he thought he would get for it. Then decide what kind of driving you will be doing, and buy a set of tires accordingly. Strictly offroad-swampers, offroad/street-bfg or goodyears. It is easier to buy it cheaper and add things that you want depending on your jeeping plans.
Unread 03-22-2002, 09:29 AM   #4
Rzrseg

Quote:
Originally posted by SBall:
Sounds pretty good, but that is high mileage. Have you looked at the kelley blue book value (www.kbb.com). This will give you a starting price, then take into account the lift and interior/exterior work. I would almost be leaning towards taking the 31's, and trying to talk him down to $4700-$4900.
The kbb came in at about 3800. the 31's is what I was leaning towards also. Thanks!

Anyone else?

<a href="http://photos.yahoo.com/rzrseg" target="_blank">http://photos.yahoo.com/rzrseg</a>
Rzrseg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.