Price Help Please (I posted this in the wrong board 1st) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Price Help Please (I posted this in the wrong board 1st)

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-22-2002, 08:08 AM   #1
Rzrseg

Price Help Please (I posted this in the wrong board 1st)

Howdy,
Y'all helped me great the first time and I'm needing more of the same if you will.

I have a line on a

1987 wrangler, 6 cyl,5 speed AC, hard top and doors... It is burgandy in color w/ a black hard top. Paint is about 1 year old. Interior was all redone with new carpeting, reupholstered seats, pull out stereo,speakers,roll bar padding, grab handles and a center console. Has a bikini top and a full jeep cover for outside.Has a 4 inch lift. I just recently put on a set of aggressive 33" Pro-comp M/T's on black rock crawler rims. Jeep looks awesome now!

> It is registered, inspected and insured an is a daily driver..

> Unfortunaelty, it has high mileage, but the motor runs perfectly with no smoke or anything. ( I personally think it may have been rebuilt once, but I have no proof except for it runs superbly..

195,000 miles.

He was asking $5200 without the new tires (old one's were 31's) and $5800 with the new ones.

What y'all think? It's a 4 hour drive for me to go look at it. I'm having trouble locating anything in about the $5000 range like we're hoping and this seems to be a nice one.

I need help...bad.

Many thanks

<a href="http://photos.yahoo.com/rzrseg" target="_blank">http://photos.yahoo.com/rzrseg</a>
Rzrseg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2002, 08:26 AM   #2
JeepN87

Well, I bought my 87 for about $3500, but I ended up having to dump about 2000 more into the engine, and i didn't buy it with tires,lift,etc. so compared to me, yeah you're getting a good deal. not sure about the mileage though, but i'm sure if he kept the engine in good condition you should be fine.
Unread 03-22-2002, 09:01 AM   #3
SBall

Sounds pretty good, but that is high mileage. Have you looked at the kelley blue book value (www.kbb.com). This will give you a starting price, then take into account the lift and interior/exterior work. I would almost be leaning towards taking the 31's, and trying to talk him down to $4700-$4900. He probably priced it quite a bit higher than he thought he would get for it. Then decide what kind of driving you will be doing, and buy a set of tires accordingly. Strictly offroad-swampers, offroad/street-bfg or goodyears. It is easier to buy it cheaper and add things that you want depending on your jeeping plans.
Unread 03-22-2002, 09:29 AM   #4
Rzrseg

Quote:
Originally posted by SBall:
Sounds pretty good, but that is high mileage. Have you looked at the kelley blue book value (www.kbb.com). This will give you a starting price, then take into account the lift and interior/exterior work. I would almost be leaning towards taking the 31's, and trying to talk him down to $4700-$4900.
The kbb came in at about 3800. the 31's is what I was leaning towards also. Thanks!

Anyone else?

<a href="http://photos.yahoo.com/rzrseg" target="_blank">http://photos.yahoo.com/rzrseg</a>
Rzrseg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.