Preferance of repair manual for 88 YJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Preferance of repair manual for 88 YJ

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #16
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
Either one works well for moping up oil spills, or starting camp fires. Otherwise, neither one is much good for fixing Jeeps. If you are going to repair a Jeep, buy a Jeep Factory Service Manual.

Yip, I decided to start fires with mine after not finding the belt routing for my '94 4.0 w/ AC.

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #17
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Haynes and Chilton's are for changing oil and doing brake jobs. Anything more technical than that, and they really are worthless.

Why you ask ? Because they are condensed repair manuals that omit many necessary steps to keep the page count low. They are full of errors and outright omissions of vital info, and their wire diagrams are generic to many years, instead of specific to the year the manual relates to. Haynes and Chilton's kinda read like this:

Open hood and remove engine, begin engine overhaul, re-install in reverse order. The FSM tells you exactly what to remove, in the correct order, and how to do it. When it comes time to repair/rebuild/adjust/install any part or system, there are step by step instructions, diagnostic flow charts, test procedures, required tool lists, and all your torque values.

Now and then you can find a bootleg manual to download, but for $7.95 at www.pacificcoastmanuals.com/ you can get a complete and fully correct genuine Jeep FSM for you Jeep. I don't have any connection to the company, I just know they are legit and your get your moneys worth.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #18
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You guys realize I posted the link for the factory service manual already...lol
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 06:01 PM   #19
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
You guys realize I posted the link for the factory service manual already...lol
Why yes, yes we do. Just having a little fun.

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #20
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Why do you need a manual....You have the forum and Google!
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.