PPO wires or OEM don't know - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > PPO wires or OEM don't know

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #16
czjeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If it is wired correctly the ECM sees the compressor come on and uses the IAC to bump the idle higher.

Armed Forces Jeeps Member #125
Red Jeep Club Member #251

In the Portland/Vancouver area? Check 'em out! Piston's Wild Motorsports Club

Click here for 2.5L AX5 to AX15 swap
czjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #17
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIM9Bill View Post
I have an aftermarket AC unit in there now I did have a factory one in when I purchased the jeep last month.

The compressor blew up sending metal though out the system and it was cheaper to purchase a new from jeep air.

The jeep air unit doesn't have the wiring to connect to make the idle change. Is there an easy way to resolve this?
The Jeep air unit should plug into the factory wiring harness so yes it should have the wiring for it. If it doesn't you have the wrong unit.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #18
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You need to have the 3 input controls for the ecu. Without it controlling the clutch you are going to run into some issues.
Look at this thread, I hope it helps:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/a...stion-1093206/
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.