PowerTrax no-slip..any experience? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > PowerTrax no-slip..any experience?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 09-21-2001, 10:29 AM   #1
Jeep Chic

PowerTrax no-slip..any experience?

I have just ordered the PowerTrax No-Slip for my 95YJ. Any one ever install one of these. Any tricks? I am running a D35c with open diff. Any help is appreciated,and how long should I plan on for the installation to take?
I forgot to mention that it is a 27 spline.

Jeep Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2001, 06:17 PM   #2
Wicked YJ

I love my no-slip. When you install it make sure the little gage stick they send with the locker is correct. It took about 30 minutes to install.
4" RE lift, 2" body lift, 4.10 gears, ford 8.8 in the rear, powertrax No-Slip in the rear, lockrite in the front, complete custom roll cage by Carolina rock shop, and corbeau seats and 5pt. harnesses, and of course herculined
Wicked YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2001, 09:54 AM   #3
Jeep Chic

Its in!! Here's a pic before the diff cover went back on....

It was a pretty simple install, the only little delay was trying to figure out what size the pinion shaft retaining bolt was. Used a 1/4", 12 point ignition wrench for that. Works real well, now to get used to the different way it drives. Got to try it in the rain already, it IS definately going to take some getting used to!
Unread 09-24-2001, 10:00 AM   #4
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Absolutely keep us informed on this little jewel. Not too many out there and I'm curious how they hold up. Is your Jeep a daily driver?
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2001, 10:42 AM   #5
Jeep Chic

Quote:
Originally posted by osburn:
Absolutely keep us informed on this little jewel. Not too many out there and I'm curious how they hold up. Is your Jeep a daily driver?
Yes, it is a daily driver. About 30 miles round trip a day. I like it so far, just takes a little getting used to.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.