Power steering pressure line/ power steering belt - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Power steering pressure line/ power steering belt

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-29-2005, 02:02 PM   #1
Ryanjeeper

Power steering pressure line/ power steering belt

hi i got a few problems, on the belt in the engine that makes the power steering work how do you make it so u can put a new belt on. There is no way to make it move it seems like to me without removing the whole power steering unit. On the other belt that works the other things i easily made it move by just loosening is and it had a little "track" that the bolt was on allowing it move around a bit.

as of right now my power steering line got caught in the fan somehow and put a hole in it so it leeks all over the place. to solve this temporarily i cut the belt that made the power steering work because as i said ealier i could not find a way to move it to just slide the belt off. How much is a new power steering fluid pressure line going to cost? is it an easy fix to put the new belt on and the power steering line?

btw '90 wrangler 2.5l 4cyl

thanks alot any help would be great

Ryanjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2005, 11:10 AM   #2
Ryanjeeper

can anybody help me on this one?
Ryanjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2005, 11:15 AM   #3
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Loosen all the bolts for the steering pump. Now look from the driver's side fender and you'll see a bolt going into the side of a long bracket. This bolt is about 6 inches long. It goes into a sliding threaded square nut sorta thing. Turn this long bolt to loosen or tighten the belt. I usually remove the airbox to get better access.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2005, 04:00 PM   #4
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by osburn
Loosen all the bolts for the steering pump. Now look from the driver's side fender and you'll see a bolt going into the side of a long bracket. This bolt is about 6 inches long. It goes into a sliding threaded square nut sorta thing. Turn this long bolt to loosen or tighten the belt. I usually remove the airbox to get better access.
i think that's only on the 91+ models. or maybe the serpentine blets. on mine there's just two bolts on the back of the pump that you loosen and then slip a 1/2" drive ratchet into the square hole and use that as leverage to pulll the belt tight. can't help on the pressure line though, never had to replace that.

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2005, 06:10 PM   #5
bakwoodj2

Hose

Check with jeep stealership about new hose. You could probably find a union to splice the two ends of the hose after you cut the slash out. I assume this hose is rubber, if not ignore lol. I'd check under the yellow pages for a hose maker or hydraulic line shop in your area or ask a local mechanic shop where you could get hose parts of that type. Good luck

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.