Power Steering Line leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Power Steering Line leak

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
carbonxe

Power Steering Line leak

I have a 1992 Jeep YJ 4.0 with a Meyers plow. The plow frame snapped off the frame of the Jeep during the snow storm last weekend. While the frame was dangling by the plow chain, the plow frame must have hit one of the power steering lines and caused a leak. I can't seem to figure out which line it is exactly from a parts diagram, but it goes from the remote resevoir down to the frame behind the front grill, to the steering gearbox. Does anyone know which line this is exactly? Is this the correct line, or is it the return line?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/56109_04.htm

I can get some pictures tomorrow for verification if needed.

carbonxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

thats the return line... you can get a generic piece of hose (power steering or transmission rated) and just clamp it in

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
carbonxe

Much appreciated! I just looked on Quadratech and saw that there are two return lines, one is hard-rubber-hard and the other is just a rubber line for the remote reservoir. I didn't even see the latter earlier.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/56109_09.htm

I'm hoping its the rubber line that's broken and not the hard line that it's connected to.
carbonxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

you dont need quadratec stuff.. just go to the local box store and get it from there.. measure.. cut... install... much cheaper for sure

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.