Power Steering Conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Power Steering Conversion

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
89YJ22
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Power Steering Conversion

In the process of gathering parts for converting my manual steering to power steering. I have been reading posts and some say that I need a different steering rod to connect to the new power steering box and some say that I can use the existing steering rod that is currently manual steer. Can someone share some light on this please.

89YJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

No you don't need to a different steering rod. I started this thread back when I did the conversion. It's not a build thread, but maybe it will help. Keep in mind, your '89 2.5L, is a lot different than my '94 2.5L. So you won't need a remote reservoir type of pump.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/p...ersion-316562/
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.