Power Distribution Center - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Power Distribution Center

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
Ferrick
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Power Distribution Center

This is only partially another "my Jeep won't start" thread. I've already determined that the cable connection from the positive terminal to the power distribution center of my 92 2.5L YJ is non-existent.

PDC similar as seen here.

My question is two-fold. First, what gauge wire should be used from the battery to the PDC? Secondly, the PDC has a metal plate that the wire was once connected to by what appears to just be electrical tape... however, the end of the metal plate seems to have broken off. Could someone show me a picture of how the power supply is intended to be secured?

For comparison I had a look under the hood of my TJ and the cable to the PDC also appears to just be held to the metal plate with electrical tape. Just trying to verify the proper means of mating the wire to the plate.

Thanks, guys.

Ferrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
Ferrick
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for the morning. I'd appreciate some input -- I'd really like to get this running by the weekend.

Unread 02-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry do not have alot of info here but your PDC should be connected to the battery cable by a plate with two bolts in it. There are connected to the PDC at the bottom. I am going to work on my Jeep today and will try and get pictures.
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

You need to use the same gauge as your battery cables. 8ga if I remember correctly.

My YJ doesn't have that type of PDC, so I am not much more help than that.
atomicmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here you go. You must slide the PDC out.There are clips on either side. Slide it out then take the botttom part out. Then there is a cover that goes over this.
http://
Unread 02-21-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
Ferrick
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, TSE.

I had a second look at lunch (in daylight) and realized the bottom portion of the metal plate had sheared off. So I'm going to try to find a PDC cover and new metal plate.

Wish me luck!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.