Pouring Coolant after Squeak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Pouring Coolant after Squeak

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
TGYJ93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Pouring Coolant after Squeak

So here's the situation. 93 4 banger yj has been squealing a little and on the way home from class to try and tighten the belt, it got suddenly worse. Then suddenly better, then suddenly a LOT of coolant. So much so that I didn't know where it was coming from.... literally the inside of the hood, the battery, the oil pan all the way to the intake plentum, all soaking wet. Oddly the radiator and the top hose are dry as a bone... so i guess i'll count my blessings. I have no idea where to start besides dry it off and pressurize.
Anybody experienced this? Is the squealing belt/pulley maybe unrelated and I'm just crazy?
Thanks
TJ

TGYJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Water pump went out.
Unread 04-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
donny7675

Yep. Beat me to it
donny7675 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
TGYJ93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

That's what my common sense said, but It has steered me wrong before. Thanks
So pulley is fine? Just need to pony up the $40 and bruised knuckles for the pump?
TGYJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #5
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

when you get the new pump.. ask them for the stud kit to go along with it.. you will swear at it a whole lot less if you just replace the old ones with new ones.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I know it seems obvious that it's the water pump but make sure it's not something else as well or instead... T-stat or t-stat housing (which I just replaced and that made quite a mess) or even heater core hose... Bottom coolant hose as well. With the pressure the system builds it can shoot quite a mess.

KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
antifreeze , coolant , leak , radiator , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.