Post Nutter Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Post Nutter Questions

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-30-2014, 02:14 AM   #1
dennisonwj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Post Nutter Questions

I have finished the nutter bypass on my 88 YJ. Unplugged and remove the ECU afterwards, started the Jeep. Never ran better than it does now, amazing. I went ahead and removed the damn computer altogether and traced and removed all wires that were connected to it. I still have to splice together any bundles that I had to cut to get the computer wire out of the mix. Then start it again to see if all is working.

Should I leave the O2 sensors in the exhaust manifold and the top of the tail pipe fitting in or remove them and plug the holes. The computer was wired to them therefore I am assuming with a truly mechanical set up they do nothing.

dennisonwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2014, 06:38 AM   #2
bpounds

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Leave it or plug it, doesn't matter. It isn't connected to anything so it won't matter.
bpounds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2014, 07:28 AM   #3
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

The O2 sensor can still be used with a meter to read A/F ratio on your carb. Even if you don't use it, it hurts nothing just to leave the sensor in the bung.
Unread 08-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #4
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Some folks leave them to help with setting the mix. They look for .45- .6v on a meter if I remember right. Range is .1-.9 I think.

Some folks also wire the solvac to a fused powered switch so they have a manual fast idle for things like winching or boosting.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2014, 01:56 PM   #5
dancytron
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have the solvac wired to a toggle switch. It's really handy for when it is very cold (below 10 degrees F) to keep the idle high until it is warmed up.
dancytron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.