POR 15 and Raptor Liner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > POR 15 and Raptor Liner

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 05-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
sbrookes
1992 YJ Wrangler 

POR 15 and Raptor Liner

Hello

I have a 1992 Wrangler project... I am ready to spray it with U-Pol Raptor (interior of the tub only) but had a lot of rust...

After a couple weeks of work the tub is a mixture of original paint, rust-resistant primer, some resilient and hard to reach surface rust, and fiberglass.

I also have POR 15 on its way here.

My question is what role the POR should play in lining the tub. I'm prepared to paint the whole tub in POR before the Raptor if it is the best thing to do, but I simply do not know what to do based on the many searches I've done trying to figure it out.

Thanks for your advice!

sbrookes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
JohndKc
1987 YJ Wrangler 

With my experiences with POR 15 it works extremely well on rusty surfaces correctly prepped with their advertised Metal Ready. I have never painted it over any paint or primer, just bare metal and mildy rusty surface. I use it as a base coat then scuff it with very fine sand paper/emery cloth then paint over it with a topcoat.

The expanded directions are on POR 15 website. Follow the directions to the letter, especially the gloves.
JohndKc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
sbrookes
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Alright great... I think I've decided not to coat the whole tub with it...

Now I have it for a rainy day and a rusty undercarriage :-P
Unread 05-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
sbrookes
1992 YJ Wrangler 

By the way, sorry to clutter the forum with such a poorly received thread :-X
Unread 05-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
Weavis
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I was wondering this myself, so not a bad thread. I feel as long as it is a legitimate question, then it can't be bad. Good luck and maybe post some pics once you have it lined! Good luck!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.