Poison spyder Tube fender template line up? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Poison spyder Tube fender template line up?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 10-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Poison spyder Tube fender template line up?

I purchased some poison spyder tube fenders today and am unsure what to line the template up with to cut the top part of the fender. Mine are mostly cut so I don't to cut off a ton. Does someone with experience installing these know what to line the front of the template with? It talks about where the fender and inner fender meet. Thanks
Selby

90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #2
darioc
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Although I am unsure about the template, I have heard of others having problems with the template so it is not perfect...

Today was definitely the day to purchase them, or any time till 10/17 actually! I got my tube fenders and rocker knockers for under $500! Check pirate if you are not sure what I'm talking about...
darioc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

This guy had some problems with his, but he got it all worked out. He may have some good advice for you.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/need-tube-fender-help-614567/
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Today the 3 in flare tube fenders were $200. Couldn't pass that up even though I am cheap. I needed flares.
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
darioc
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjcrawlr View Post
Today the 3 in flare tube fenders were $200. Couldn't pass that up even though I am cheap. I needed flares.
I think you and I are the only ones to get those at that price (steal) because the guy I talk to first thing this morning over at PSC said there were only 2 sets left. Congrats
darioc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darioc View Post
I think you and I are the only ones to get those at that price (steal) because the guy I talk to first thing this morning over at PSC said there were only 2 sets left. Congrats
Well at least I don't have to feel left out because the wife won't give me no money.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
Group_er
1986 CJ7 

Im having the same template issues with my CJ flares.
Can I have a copy of these new instruction/template?
PLease!!
fourtwentysixhemi@hotmail.com
Group_er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #8
Group_er
1986 CJ7 

Comon Guys, Cant anybody help me!!
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #9
Group_er
1986 CJ7 

Comon Guys, Cant anybody help me!!
Unread 11-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #10
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I am going to attempt to paste in the pics that maloppa sent me. If it doesn't work I will send you a pm with them in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloppa
The template is short, you can move the template forward to were the curve touches right next to the grill. As long as it covers the holes for your hood latch and rubber bumper you should be good.

When it comes to the cut this is were you have to make a decision. When the cuts are done the back ends up with a piece that sticks out all by itself. Here is a pic.

I decided to remove this piece. When the hood is down you can't see the piece that you cut off anyway. Also it is difficult to attach this piece near the firewall because of the upper tube of the fender.
Next picture shows the front line where I cut.

The square near the grill runs the same as the support piece on the underside. I stopped at the grill and removed the fender to finish the rest of the front cuts. I cut down around the support and used the indention of the underside to follow. When done there will be no holes that mount to the grill. If you leave enough by the indention you can pinch it between grill and PS fender.
The back cut you can cut all the way to the firewall. There is a support on inside of fender that is the top of the inner well curve. I cut straight down and followed the curve of the inner fender.

Once these cuts are done you can lay the ps fender on its side and lay the inner on top. This will allow you to trim and get it just right.

Just takes some time. I got mine back from the powder coat shop today and they are awsome. Luckily I had an extra jeep with fenders and was able to throw my first try away.
Unread 11-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #11
Group_er
1986 CJ7 

Thanks For ALL the help guys!!!!!!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.