PLEASE HELP!-front drivers side axle shaft wont slide out?...C-Clips?...nobody knows? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > PLEASE HELP!-front drivers side axle shaft wont slide out?...C-Clips?...nobody knows?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Reply
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #16
liftedyj91
Senior Member
 
liftedyj91's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Berlin, Maryland
Posts: 603
the disconnect is on the passenger side. no need to mess with it. its not a c clip in the pic. the c clip is for the intermidiate shaft. both axles will slide out if you follow my last post!

liftedyj91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #17
cherokeepride
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Marlton
Posts: 58
ok so Im about to go out there now and force this thing out any last words lol
cherokeepride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #18
94chb
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Whitwell, TN
Posts: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeepride View Post
ok so Im about to go out there now and force this thing out any last words lol
BFH
94chb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #19
jeepster93
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 3,966
bfh...
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #20
cherokeepride
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Marlton
Posts: 58
ok so I went to go connect it back to the hub but forgot I cant because the damn axle shaft snapped at the Ujoint so then i decided to just get the sledge hammer out along with a couple buddies and bang the h@ll out of it. Nothing this things gotta have a C-Clip in it somewhere so I tried removing the pin so I could take the center section apart a bit to figure this out but the damn pin wont come out it looks like maybe somebody else snapped it before?...heres a pic...As of right now Im searching for a whole new front axle because Im tired of looking at this Jeep sit!...Im gonna start removing the whole thing in about 30 minutes unless anybody else has any idea's lol
cherokeepride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #21
cherokeepride
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Marlton
Posts: 58
pic
jeep-axle.jpg  
cherokeepride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #22
Apollo12227
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeepride View Post
ok so I went to go connect it back to the hub but forgot I cant because the damn axle shaft snapped at the Ujoint so then i decided to just get the sledge hammer out along with a couple buddies and bang the h@ll out of it. Nothing this things gotta have a C-Clip in it somewhere so I tried removing the pin so I could take the center section apart a bit to figure this out but the damn pin wont come out it looks like maybe somebody else snapped it before?...heres a pic...As of right now Im searching for a whole new front axle because Im tired of looking at this Jeep sit!...Im gonna start removing the whole thing in about 30 minutes unless anybody else has any idea's lol
Can you show us a picture of the passenger side knuckle/end of axle area? There is really no reason that the axle shaft wont just slide out. Take a picture of the end of your axle as you have it right now. This will give us a better idea as to wtf is going on.

I have had dozens (literally) of axle shafts in and out of YJ's there really is nothing that could be holding that shaft onto your axle. One more PIC!
Apollo12227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #23
cherokeepride
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Marlton
Posts: 58
ya know I was tired of seeing the Jeep sit so I just ripped the whole damn front Dana 30 out. Im picking a complete one up in the morning for $150 just figured I'l sell the one I just pulled out for parts or fix and make most my money back I just need to start making moves lol..but I'l take a few more pics when I get a chance maybe it will help solve this mystery.
cherokeepride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #24
Anticanman
Follow me
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeepride View Post
ya know I was tired of seeing the Jeep sit so I just ripped the whole damn front Dana 30 out. Im picking a complete one up in the morning for $150 just figured I'l sell the one I just pulled out for parts or fix and make most my money back I just need to start making moves lol..but I'l take a few more pics when I get a chance maybe it will help solve this mystery.
Not only is that the jeep spirit, but this is one of the smartest answers that I've seen on this board. If you can't find an answer, start over.

Best of luck!
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #25
raynmaker
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: colorado springs, colorado
Posts: 700
and for future ref, that is a roll pin. It is driven in and out just like a drive pin, with a punch.
__________________
Warning: This poster has infinite knowledge of useless information and redneck tendencies. Use info at your own discretion. :wave:
raynmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.