Plastic Windows - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Plastic Windows

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 10-27-2007, 12:05 AM   #1
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Plastic Windows

whats up guys,

All my windows are foggy,scrached ect. I bought a new top almost excatly a year ago. I want them to be clear again. Any product out there work thats safe on the plastic?

thanks in advance for advice

-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2007, 08:28 AM   #2
sciontc.2005
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Flitz is a good product. It works for awhile and then the fog and scratches come back. www.flitz.com
sciontc.2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2007, 08:35 AM   #3
rebuiltyj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i heard that using pine-sol works. ive never tried it but a guy i work with said he used to use it on his windows and on anything else plastic.
rebuiltyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Go to a marine store and get a cleaner/polish. Check Bass Pro Shops online if you do not have a marine store near you. My 2002 windows are still 90% like new condition.....

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2007, 09:14 AM   #5
dukedlf
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebuiltyj
i heard that using pine-sol works. ive never tried it but a guy i work with said he used to use it on his windows and on anything else plastic.

pine-sol.. i might have to try that in a small area...
dukedlf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #6
EABiker
1989 YJ Wrangler 

What I did.......I removed the windows and cleaned them with a soft towel and a mild mix of dishwashing liquid and warm water. after I dried them, I layed them flat on piece of carpet and applied Mother's FX polymer car polish to them with a soft sock. I was able to get them crystal clear again, with all but the deepest scratches removed. I did both sides, and the sock I used turned black, even after washing the windows first. The polish was $6 at Wal-Mart. Of course, I ended up polishing the entire Jeep, just in time for the winter crud. My son even asked me if the windows were new!
EABiker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2007, 12:00 PM   #7
YJ_Aaron
1991 YJ Wrangler 

This stuff seems to work pretty well. Haven't used on YJ but kept my TJ windows from getting screwed up.

http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catal...ducts_id/71466

http://ozarksjeepthing.com/c/index.php
YJ_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2007, 01:10 AM   #8
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

awsome i still have my old sides and top i throw on when i go muddin..im gonna try the pine sol on one and wax on the other..see what happens alos NEW PROBLEM today..the zipper is all messed up..like when you have a jacket that will zip but the teeth wont stay together. I got a Pavement Ends top..had a Best top on before that...should spend the extra money...any ideas...? i was thinkin about takin it to a Zipper repare shop for jackets and see if i can pull the simpaty card ahhaha thanks guys
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2007, 03:16 AM   #9
swedishdwarf
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I've been told that the waxes in lemon Pledge will polish the scratches out but I have not tried it. A bonus is that water slides right off it; a close friend who is a pilot told me they used Pledge on helicopter windows in Vietnam for just this reason.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.