I did the plastidip this Memorial Day weekend. I used an Earlex 3500 HVLP electric spray gun, and used about 1/2 Gallon of Black, 2 Gallons of Camo Green, and 1 1/4 Gallons of Glossifier. It took about 7 hours to paint a total of 11 layers of Plastidip (6 paint and 5 clear) in my driveway. I may have gone overboard, but I am very happy with the outcome. This paint I found was easy to work with, very forgiving for a driveway novice like myself, and it was fun to paint. I did put new Jeep logos over the paint, which was tricky to do. The labels didn't want to stick to the rubberized paint, so it took over an hour to get the labels installed. With the Monstaliner/Herculiner mixed bedliner I think it looks pretty good. I now have to focus on the underbody using Chassis Saver. Any questions let me know ... or PM me. Anyone in the DC area is welcome to contact me to see it in person.
Last edited by debashis; 05-27-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Reason: Added pictures