A place around wyoming/utah/colorado for custom work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > A place around wyoming/utah/colorado for custom work

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 11-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
Wyogunman
1992 YJ Wrangler 

A place around wyoming/utah/colorado for custom work

Do any of you have recommendations on a place to do a little custom work on my wrangler? Such as a ladder bar, axle work, ect.

Wyogunman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

This would be a bit of a drive (~207 miles). A dear friend of mine that has been in the Jeep building business for ~30 years has a well established shop in Rifle, CO.

His name is Chris Overacker. He was the original owner of Stage West, and Mountain Offroad Enterprise (MORE). He now owns a well established off road business called CODE 4x4 in Rifle. CODE = Chris Overacker Design Enterprises. Chris designed the MORE traction bar & many other well known items MORE still sells. Chris is also the guy who pioneered swapping the Ford 8.8 into Jeeps.

http://www.code4x4.com/

Chris has a stellar reputation and does extremely high quality work. He ain't cheap due to his excellent work ethic, superior skills & outstanding craftsmanship. You can tell him I pointed you his way.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
Wyogunman
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Do you have any idea what he charges an hour?
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
Wyogunman
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I gave him a call an left a message
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yea, he's more than likely closed today/weekends. I don't know what he charges per hour for labor. I'd be guessing if I gave an amount. I've got his cell number but I would rather not call him about business on a weekend if he's off.
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
Wyogunman
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds good! Thanks for the help
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

x2 on Chris. That was the guy whom popped into my head.

Can`t go wrong with Jimmys either
http://www.jimmys4x4.com/

Custom work is never easy. You have good or cheap but rarely both at the same time..
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #8
Wyogunman
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I knew it would be pricy and that's fine within reason. I just need someone that deals with custom rigs and has a little knowledge on jeeps. I have the ladder bar he designed so that should be easy for him to install and I'm having hell with my rear Dana 60 and finding hubs so I'm hoping he can help me out with an improved aftermarket option. Might even have him put some upgraded front and rear disk breaks on her
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #9
konadubrock
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Josh at SFF customs does good work. Look him up on Facebook
konadubrock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #10
Wyogunman
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well I just gave Chris Overacker the go ahead to start the work on the jeep. The rear dana 60 was trashed so I had to get a new one off craigslist. I had him check out the front 44 and it had a lot of BIG problems so that's getting overhauled. He IS pricey but just talking to him is nice because he is so darn knowledgeable about this kind of stuff. He paid attention to the little details that I needed worked out and gave me some advice as to what to do in the future. Thanks again joe dillard! I haven't seen the finished product but I feel pretty confident about the quality of work he will do! I will be sending friends his way
Unread 01-21-2014, 09:15 PM   #11
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogunman View Post
Well I just gave Chris Overacker the go ahead to start the work on the jeep. The rear dana 60 was trashed so I had to get a new one off craigslist. I had him check out the front 44 and it had a lot of BIG problems so that's getting overhauled. He IS pricey but just talking to him is nice because he is so darn knowledgeable about this kind of stuff. He paid attention to the little details that I needed worked out and gave me some advice as to what to do in the future. Thanks again joe dillard! I haven't seen the finished product but I feel pretty confident about the quality of work he will do! I will be sending friends his way
Awesome, and naturally you're welcome! If I have time tomorrow, I'll give him a ring. I have a question or two for him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.