Pinion angle - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Pinion angle

Poison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring HarnessBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
jakesjeepmj1988
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil1330
Then you should not have a problem getting a good pinion angle
Yes i know but what angle should it be

jakesjeepmj1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #17
phil1330
1964 CJ5 

im at 26 degrees with soa and 4'' springs plus shackle lift. That is close to the max angle it can be. with just soa you should be around 22ish. probably need to drop the tc case down 1/5 inch or may be even 3/4 of inch. you can also move your rear end back 1 inch with the 3 hole spring perches to help achieve an even better angle. I have my rear end set 1 degree less than the driveshaft angle. you can go up to 2 or even 3 degrees less than but that is tops. This is for axle wrap.if you have a torque arm or traction bar i would leave it a 1 degree less than drive shaft angle.

Also there are tons and tons of these threads on here on this topic you can read up on.

hopes this helps
Unread 04-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #18
jakesjeepmj1988
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil1330
im at 26 degrees with soa and 4'' springs plus shackle lift. That is close to the max angle it can be. with just soa you should be around 22ish. probably need to drop the tc case down 1/5 inch or may be even 3/4 of inch. you can also move your rear end back 1 inch with the 3 hole spring perches to help achieve an even better angle. I have my rear end set 1 degree less than the driveshaft angle. you can go up to 2 or even 3 degrees less than but that is tops. This is for axle wrap.if you have a torque arm or traction bar i would leave it a 1 degree less than drive shaft angle.

Also there are tons and tons of these threads on here on this topic you can read up on.

hopes this helps
Thank you sorry im not really a yj person im helping my uncle and cousint build it
Unread 04-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #19
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

your angle will be determined by our setup not what others have done.
Unread 04-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
jakesjeepmj1988
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratis
your angle will be determined by our setup not what others have done.
Ok thanks
Unread 04-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #21
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

You should be at ride height when you set the angles so with a stripped tub you might need to add some weight or set the height without springs using a bunch of jackstands.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
jakesjeepmj1988
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty
You should be at ride height when you set the angles so with a stripped tub you might need to add some weight or set the height without springs using a bunch of jackstands.
Ok thank you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.