pics requested! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > pics requested!

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 06-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
rallon
1995 YJ Wrangler 

pics requested!

hey guys looking for some pics of Yj's with the front roll bars *the bar connected to the windshields*removed and a Q is it ok to remove these bars and still have no issues with daily driving? not sure if whole windsheild relies on this for support

rallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

There are a few pics of them in the YJ wheelin sticky.

As far as needed for daily driving, the windsheild frame becomes the support for your roll cage in a rollover. I would not drive without it personally.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Most aftermarket roll cages get rid of the point where it ties into the windshield frame.
Yes you can run it without those bars and just the plates at the bottom.
As Rusty said though that is part of the factory cage.
Unread 06-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

On my '91, the lower brackets are enough to hold the windshield fairly steady (not too sturdy though). I haven't noticed much extra vibration from the windshield. My stock support bars are permanetly removed since I built a cage.

Your insurance agent or local law enforcement folks are probably the most qualified to answer your "have no issues" question if that's the type of advice you're looking for from a safety/legal standpoint.

This is what things looked like as I was first disassembling the cage. I have a bunch more, but you probably will see the results with these pics.

Older CJ's didn't have these bars and are law compliant, but I'm not too sure about YJ's unless a cage is added.

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.