Pics from my bedlining project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Pics from my bedlining project

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Pics from my bedlining project

I found a gallon kit of Herculiner for $100 at the parts store. Also grabbed two bottles of undercoating for the areas I couldn't brush on. Everything came out fine except for my seat belt receiver. Instead of drilling the bolt out, I just taped around it.

It was fun to drive to the car wash without a tail gate, doors, etc.

For my second coat, I just poured the rest of the can onto the high traffic areas then spread it out. The drivers and passenger floorboards may be over a quarter inch thick.

Getting that nasty carpet out and making the floor look good has motivated me to clean up the rest of the interior. Next I will need to paint the seat brackets and re cover the seats. (That speaker cable is now run through conduit)

Total cost was $120. It looks as good as friend's $400 jobs and will pay off in the future by preserving the metal.

Last edited by soonermatt; 04-06-2009 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: images aren't showing up correctly.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
brc94yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nice, that is on my to-do list. I'm just waiting on the weather to cooperate long enough to get it done. I don't have the luxury of a garage and this weather is crazy, 70 and sunny one day, 34 and snow flurries the next.

Red Jeep Club Member #518
brc94yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc94yj View Post
Nice, that is on my to-do list. I'm just waiting on the weather to cooperate long enough to get it done. I don't have the luxury of a garage and this weather is crazy, 70 and sunny one day, 34 and snow flurries the next.
Ha ha! It was 80 when I put the liner on, and it was below freezing the next morning when I put it back together.
Unread 04-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermatt View Post
I found a gallon kit of Herculiner for $100 at the parts store. Also grabbed two bottles of undercoating for the areas I couldn't brush on. Everything came out fine except for my seat belt receiver. Instead of drilling the bolt out, I just taped around it.

It was fun to drive to the car wash without a tail gate, doors, etc.

For my second coat, I just poured the rest of the can onto the high traffic areas then spread it out. The drivers and passenger floorboards may be over a quarter inch thick.

Getting that nasty carpet out and making the floor look good has motivated me to clean up the rest of the interior. Next I will need to paint the seat brackets and re cover the seats. (That speaker cable is now run through conduit)

Total cost was $120. It looks as good as friend's $400 jobs and will pay off in the future by preserving the metal.
Clicky-free!

Nice job!

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
srf4life
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I plan on doing this real soon as I am down awaiting/looking for a transmission to swap out. If I read your post correctly, you just "brushed" the Herculiner on?? Was there any special tools or anything you used to get it on evenly and thickly??

Thanks!!
srf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srf4life View Post
I plan on doing this real soon as I am down awaiting/looking for a transmission to swap out. If I read your post correctly, you just "brushed" the Herculiner on?? Was there any special tools or anything you used to get it on evenly and thickly??

Thanks!!
The kit came with a roller. There weren't any issues getting it to be thick. There are some inconsistent spots in the nooks where the roller wouldn't fit. I hit those areas first with spray on undercoating first so it would be less noticeable, but you can still tell.

You could tell I rolled this on if you really looked closely, but only if you were looking for it.
Unread 04-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
drtywtr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

we all know herc works great for waterproofing and making your interior tougher. i've always wondered does it rovide any sort of sound deadening? i would think it might help a little. just wondering
drtywtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
bryris
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Are the seats and console easy to get out?
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #9
Fernando
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Mine is coming next week, but I am doing Rhino Lining for it, since we do not have Herculiner on the regular market...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
I don't mind writing for Fernando because he reads, and re-reads EVERY WORD!... Good to write for someone that actually READS the answer, and takes time to UNDERSTAND what comes back for an answer!
-------------------------------
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryris View Post
Are the seats and console easy to get out?
Yes. Each seat has four bolts and the console is currently not being held in with screws.
(the pressure from the two seats squeezes it tight enough)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.