pics because im bored at work... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > pics because im bored at work...

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 04-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
boredatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

pics because im bored at work...

so yeah, im at work so i cant really use the photobucket account.. but do you think i let that stop me? heck no son! lol... cardomain isnt locked. so car domain acccount was created. anyways... check them out... and tell me what yall think. i need a lift, def a bikini top since its just kinda in convertable mode right now, and i need some sort of rockers/covers/something to put where they had those stickers (pics explain better). anyways... check er out.

totally wish i was doing this rather than working--->

boredatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
boredatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

forgot to actually include the link in my rambles....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3849607
Unread 04-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
BlackRhino
1991 YJ Wrangler 

That blue text is hard on the eyes with the tan background.

Nice Jeep. I hope you're getting rid of those shackles soon, they look like they could take an eye out.
I also replaced my hardtop back glass with plexi, it works pretty well actually.
Unread 04-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Def replace those shackles. So long and barely any gain, imo.
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 01:51 AM   #5
boredatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

yeah, the shackles need to go... not a fan of them at all. just don't have the time to tackle a lift at the moment so i imagine they will be there for at least a few more months. then i figure 4in susp will replace it.
Unread 04-11-2010, 03:44 AM   #6
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Pretty nice and believe it or not that bumper/brush guard is a factory option. Mine had it too.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 04:02 AM   #7
boredatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

factory option? wow, thats a shock. i figured it was something that Gethro and John Boy rigged up to fit the front of it . never would have guessed it was offered from factory. im going to take it off, i figure it adds quite a bit of weight just chillin out there like that.
Unread 04-11-2010, 05:06 AM   #8
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yep, and the brush guard is aluminum too. This is what happens if you give a Honda Civic a little love tap with it.....

timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 06:38 AM   #9
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Yep, and the brush guard is aluminum too. This is what happens if you give a Honda Civic a little love tap with it.....

You should have kept it. It looks superfly and very tough.

To the OP, you jeep looks good. What are you going to do to it next?

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 01:05 AM   #10
boredatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

what am i going to do next? well, i owned a jeep for maybe a month before something broke... lol. so i guess im going to fix that.

i was driving and heard something pop, checked it out later, rear shock mount on the axle decided just to snap in half.. clean break, nothing hit it, was driving around on pavement.. no idea... just seems kinda random.

figure i will weld, brace, and weld it again. that should fix it. i mean, i figure if we make it twice as beefy lookin than the factory mount it stands to reason it will be twice as strong!
Unread 04-16-2010, 06:15 AM   #11
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredatwork View Post
what am i going to do next? well, i owned a jeep for maybe a month before something broke... lol. so i guess im going to fix that.

i was driving and heard something pop, checked it out later, rear shock mount on the axle decided just to snap in half.. clean break, nothing hit it, was driving around on pavement.. no idea... just seems kinda random.

figure i will weld, brace, and weld it again. that should fix it. i mean, i figure if we make it twice as beefy lookin than the factory mount it stands to reason it will be twice as strong!
I think a majority of YJ owners have had this happen. It happened to me twice. However I caused it by hitting the mount on a rock and bending it forward. After a while it broke from all the shock absorbing. I had my neighbor help me weld it up and it lasted for a year then broke again. I ended getting some replacement mounts for a 4x4 shop on the side of the road.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #12
boredatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

yeah, i searched it and saw a gazillion posts on the subject so i figured it was a fairly common weak spot. dad has been sheetmetal union for 20 years, i figured id convince him we needed some bonding time....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.