Peugeot Transmission completely wasted.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Peugeot Transmission completely wasted....

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Sa

Unread 06-23-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
katiedog

Peugeot Transmission completely wasted....

I have an 87 Wrangler 6cyl carb which just imploded my Peugeot trani. I'm really not interested in putting the same thing back in to my vehicle. What needs to be done to convert over to the AX-15?? I'm not really interested in purchasing a new trani at this time. I'm just looking for some suggestions.

katiedog

katiedog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2002, 01:04 AM   #2
MusicMaverick
2014 JK Wrangler 

They have a diff tranny you can buy that bolts up to the ole' 4.2

Past vehicles: '92 YJ, '97 TJ, '10 JK
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2002, 05:41 PM   #3
dcbeer

I looked at the NV3550 conversion kit lists at Quadratec for $2219.95. It said it was a complete kit but you will still need to replace the input gear on the transfer case. For that price I would think there are better options available. Like a NV4500 if you shoped around and were willing to spend some money.
Unread 06-25-2002, 07:09 PM   #4
ebhub

I looked into swapping my Puegot out.Basically you have to swap out the transfer case or the input shaft.The Puegot used a different spline count.If you have a 207 transfer case than swap it out too.If you have a 231 transfer case than i would just swap the shaft.
ebhub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2002, 08:06 PM   #5
BigDaddESean

I'm taking out my 4.2 and puegot and putting in a 4.0 and an AX-15. If you decide that u wanna just stick with the puegot, drop me an e-mail. You can take mine off of my hands pretty cheap.

Ebhub, do I gotta change the T-case too now?
Unread 06-25-2002, 09:37 PM   #6
dcbeer

In a 89 you have a 231 transfer case. You will have to change the input shaft as it is a 21 spline and not a 23. For the ax15 you will need a 23 spline input shaft.
Unread 06-25-2002, 09:40 PM   #7
dcbeer

My mistake, It is not the input shaft it is the input gear. (the thing the shaft fits into).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.