Pennsylvannia State Inspection - Help!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Pennsylvannia State Inspection - Help!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 02-15-2002, 11:11 AM   #1
JeepMax

Pennsylvannia State Inspection - Help!!

Hi,

I just moved from Texas to Pennsylvania, and their state inspection process is totally different here. First of all, it costs about 70-90 bucks - and then if something is wrong with the car you either have to have it fixed at that same garage OR pay another 90 bucks to have it reinspected...

Is anyone on here from Pennsylvania and has experience with this? Outside from a 3 inch suspension lift my Jeep is pretty basic and in great shape, but I am kinda scared they will "find" all kinds of stuff wrong with it.

Thanks very much for any input on this,

JeepMax

Unread 02-15-2002, 03:48 PM   #2
QueenYJ

PA is my state of legal residence and inspections were one the biggest things I hated about living there, aside from not being able to buy beer at 7-11. Anyway, some more metropolitan areas test for emissions and this is where the expense will be if you fail. If you don't live in one of those areas, then good you'll be fine. What they do is take off the wheels and check your brakes, they will check tire tread for wear, body for excessive rust (has to be rusted through pretty big area). And lastly they will check lights and turn signals. Nothing to get worked up over if you keep up on your routine maintenance items. Most places don't take the time to be very thorough anyway because it's easy money for them and they have bigger and better jobs to work on. Just make sure your emissions are ok if applicable.
Unread 02-15-2002, 04:48 PM   #3
JeepMax

Yeah - sadly I moved to an area with emission - but I don't think I'll my Jeep will have a problem with that (no engine lights or anything and the motor and exhaust is in great shape...)

Yeah - what's up with the "beer distributors"? - when I first got here I thought I was in Red-Russia or something...no offense to any Russians on this board...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.