PCV valve not connected - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > PCV valve not connected

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
CherokeeChuck
1994 YJ Wrangler 

PCV valve not connected

Hey guys my rear pcv valve on my valve cover isn't connected to anything(bought it that way). From my searching on here it looks like it is supposed to connect to one of the intake manifold vac lines. Unfortunately, the line that is maybe should go there is hooked up to some other line that runs OVER the valve cover and disappears under the jeep. My question is has anyone else ever seen this setup? My guess is the previous owner did this but not sure. I have some oil showing up in the air filter from the other pcv valve (the one on the front) so I'm wondering if this may be the cause. Here are some pictures:

Sorry if the pictures are huge...first time trying to post a pic. Thanks in advance for the help!

Unread 04-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
VirginJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hey bud I can't see what engine you have or year from the app but just judging by the pics I would say that the PO saw oil in the filter and decided that it was best to disconnect that line. Is the factory intake on?
VirginJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

One end connects to the air box and brings in fresh air to ventilate the crankcase oil vapors what used to come out of cars thirty years ago as blue smoke. The other end goes to the intake and sends the vapors into the carb or throttle body to burned. Here is a 2.5 and 4.0.
vacuum-2.5l.jpg   vacuum-4.0-1.jpg  

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
CherokeeChuck
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginJeeper View Post
Hey bud I can't see what engine you have or year from the app but just judging by the pics I would say that the PO saw oil in the filter and decided that it was best to disconnect that line. Is the factory intake on?
It is a 94 with the 4.0. And it had the factory air box on it when I bought it but it was trashed so I replaced it with a cold air kit...maybe not the best choice...time will tell.
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
CherokeeChuck
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerchief462 View Post
One end connects to the air box and brings in fresh air to ventilate the crankcase oil vapors what used to come out of cars thirty years ago as blue smoke. The other end goes to the intake and sends the vapors into the carb or throttle body to burned. Here is a 2.5 and 4.0.
So looking at the diagram for the 4.0, it definitely needs to go to the intake. Problem is, that line it should hook up to is already in use...in fact all the lines are used. That third line down (according to the diagram) is the right one but for some reason it is hooked to another line and runs somewhere under the jeep I tried to track it but I loose it. Should I just say screw it and reattach it to the rear pvc valve?
Unread 04-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Put in a TEE they sell them and maybe that would work.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #7
CherokeeChuck
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerchief462 View Post
Put in a TEE they sell them and maybe that would work.
Maybe this is obvious but what do you mean by a TEE?
Unread 04-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #8
bmedeiros678
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherokeeChuck

Maybe this is obvious but what do you mean by a TEE?
Joker may mean a t-connector. Question is what if the line is just pushed down and not connected to anything? It can't be more that a couple feet long.
bmedeiros678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
HaskiE

1992 YJ Wrangler 

yeah wow I'm curious where he hooked that vac line up to... maybe the 4wd front axle disconnect wasnt working so he did that (I think that's run by the vac)?
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #10
CherokeeChuck
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaskiE View Post
yeah wow I'm curious where he hooked that vac line up to... maybe the 4wd front axle disconnect wasnt working so he did that (I think that's run by the vac)?

I think you may be right. Just checked where the mystery line goes. It is definitely connected at the other end to something. It joins with the vac lines that connect the front axle disco and the tcase. But the lines are wrapped so I can't see specifically where it connects to. Here in a little bit I'll see if I can separate the mystery line out from the rest. The suspense is killing me

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.