PCV valve - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > PCV valve

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 08-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
streetriots
1990 YJ Wrangler 

PCV valve

I believe that this is causing oil to blow out through my dipstick tube. But when I go to buy a new one the auto parts stores do not have one that will fit in my valve cover. The PCV valve that they try to sell me for my Jeep has a shroud that hits on part of the valve cover when trying to insert it. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you remedy it?

Thanks

streetriots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

One thing I've learned (the hard way) is that jeeps are kinda fussy about the lines to and from the valve cover. Mine used to blow a quart of oil every 2 weeks till I fixed it. The thing is to keep the lines absolutely clean on the inside, and make sure they are very tight. I ended up replacing all the rubber lines on mine with new ones, its cheap and easy. That fixed it because the thing won't breathe the crankcase properly unless it has a pretty strong vacuum. My lines were old and stiff and loose, the new ones are new and tight.
IIRC I used 5/16ths vacuum hose on the small front line - that fixed it, only 89 cents a foot.
Try NAPA for your parts, I've had the best luck with them. They seem quite knowledgable and have everything. If your PCV rattles when you shake it, its still good. Sometimes you can clean them out by soaking in gas.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by oldtime_ironman; 08-20-2011 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: helpful details
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.